PDA

View Full Version : AK - Level 4 - Many Players left - Limp?

Scuba Chuck
06-07-2005, 02:43 AM
I've started to see some interesting AK play.

If it's still pretty heavy player loaded on level 4 or 5, I'm starting to see some limping with hands like AK/AQ.

I remember somewhere in my past that you really don't want to race, that you just want to steal the blinds. But, you definately don't mind racing with AK.

Anyway, I've been thinking this is a little crafty. Never done it. Anyone use this move?

Scuba

Nick M
06-07-2005, 02:45 AM
is this like a limp re-raise all in? or limp to see a flop?

Myst
06-07-2005, 03:02 AM
I dont like it. I think its too fancy and will lead to too many unnecssary coinflips. Most of the time, arent you pushing with AK from Level 4 on, as you have less than T1000?

Nick M
06-07-2005, 03:05 AM
it also might require seeing a flop...I fcking hate thinking. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scuba Chuck
06-07-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it also might require seeing a flop...I fcking hate thinking. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's no thinking involved. If ur intent is to see all 5 cards.

Some more thoughts. This is a little like the reverse gap principle, but it's a double reverse gap.

Scuba

GoldenHorde
06-07-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused are you talking limp re-raising?

Scuba Chuck
06-07-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused are you talking limp re-raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you confused? If you're plan is to get action, and to see all five cards, you're pushing/calling any action postflop.

Meantime, I'm not advocating this strategy, I'm trying to open discussion.

GoldenHorde
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
So limp in with AK then call off all your chips even if you miss?

I can't imagine a worse way to play it.

45suited
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
I will make this play if I'm kinda short on chips and there is an aggressive chip leader to my left. After he pops it and knocks out everyone else, I'll call. If I had shown strength by going all-in, I might have just won the blinds. But I better be damn sure that someone is going to raise the pot because I'd want to hang myself if the pot is unraised and I'm beaten by BBs junk two pair or whatever.

Scuba Chuck
06-07-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So limp in with AK then call off all your chips even if you miss?

I can't imagine a worse way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you say it like that, it makes the play unattractive. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The mainpoint of my discussion here is that there are many players left. For example, let's say it's 9 handed yet. You've got t650, and you're UTG+1. Essentially, this game is so tight, ur actually rubbing shoulders through you're 2001fp. Your objective is to induce a push from someone with 44 or something. My point is, I think you want to race with this hand in this situation. Pushing my actually cause hands like 44 to fold. That being said, if it's folded around, or, there is one or two limpers behind you, you still want to race.

I mean, if UTG+1 pushed, and you were the button with AK, you'd call for sure. You want to race with AK, especially here. So why not try and induce this play? I guess I'm kind of talking myself into this.

I want to re-emphasize that this discussion is intended only for games where it's still crowded in middle play.

Scuba

GoldenHorde
06-07-2005, 04:21 AM
OK I think I completely misunderstood your first couple posts but then it got me thinking and I believe I just posted a new thread asking the same question as you before I read your post lol.

Shillx
06-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Yeah I make this play quite often...but not just with AK. I find that it also works with a hand like 88. All you are essentially doing is limping in with the intention of gettin all the chips in preflop. With the blinds so big, people might attack your weak limp while they would fold had you just moved in preflop. So I might limp with TT, get someone to push or raise a pot commiting amount with 55 and then double up.

You will sometimes run into monsters, but they will call your push anyway so the main point of this play is to induce an all-in from a hand looking to pick you off that would probably not call if you pushed.

Brad

Scuba Chuck
06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
bump for the afternoon guys.