PDA

View Full Version : QJoff on button...too aggressive?

benkath1
06-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Man I'm liking party poker.

Anyway, I'm curious about my preflop raise. Too much with one limper? I raised the flop to keep control in the hand.

I just moved over to party, so bear with me as I don't have many hands or reads to go with them. The table seemed full of donks, like all the tables I played tonight. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

OK I figured MP2 for an A or a flush draw, but I hadn't seen him be too aggressive in about 35 hands. Mostly a calling station, so I thought an A was more likely. I'd hoped my raise would win the pot right then.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP2 calls.

OK, I'm looking better now. A or draw and I'm going to charge him.

River: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Ewww. Well that card was a rip off. Now what?
MP2 checks, <font color="blue"> Hero ???? </font>

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2005, 02:36 AM
i would check and see what he checkraised you with.

benkath1
06-07-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would check and see what he checkraised you with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

KK

Couldn't believe it.

Jakesta
06-07-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't see a check-raise in this hand. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hbaromega
06-07-2005, 03:12 AM
I would limp w/ QJo pre-flop, but raise with QJs. I don't think it matters that much though. I would be interested if anyone could explain why SSH charts have you playing this way.?

Call on the flop, and wait until the turn to raise. He likely has a flush draw or Ax reads? Either way you dont have enough equity to raise and you won't fold a flush draw.

Turn looks good.

check behind on the river. There is not much that you can beat that would call.

Rah
06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Preflop I limp - QJo is a very marginal hand. The flop play seems a bit weird to me. Betting out on that flop means either a pair of aces or a heart draw - either you are a big dog or you are avoiding any heart.
Unless the pot is really big I would drop it right there.

metzara
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I would limp with that hand.[ QUOTE ]

KK

Couldn't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm assuming one of them was a heart?

davelin
06-07-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I limp - QJo is a very marginal hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this context not necessarily.

benkath1
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would limp with that hand.[ QUOTE ]

KK

Couldn't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm assuming one of them was a heart?

[/ QUOTE ]

U assume correctly.

gopnik
06-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I'd check behind. What's calling you that you beat?

jba
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check behind. What's calling you that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

KK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but that's about it

gvibes
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I'd check behind on the river.

Also, I hate to admit, but I sometimes chuck this on the flop.

Also, limping with this hand would be bad, I think. Easy raise against a loose limper or a weak-tight limper.