PDA

View Full Version : Top pair. Then scare cards.

fluxrad
06-07-2005, 01:41 AM
No reads yet. I just sat, I figured typical micro players...any ace will do.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

Bodhi
06-07-2005, 01:45 AM
For god's sake, bet the turn! You showed a lot of aggression on the flop and now you have to follow through. If the villain is at all intimidated then now is the time to pull the trigger.

Jakesta
06-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Not betting the turn was a gigantic mistake. If he doesn't fold then I think you can check-call the river.

I just finished a week of playing the Paradise .25/.50 game, and you shouldn't give the players there any credit.

milesdyson
06-07-2005, 01:53 AM
I raise this preflop sometimes. Regardless of raising preflop or not, when the flop comes T52 and I'm holding QT 3-handed, I'm betting.

Bodhi
06-07-2005, 01:55 AM
That's a good point. Hero should bet the flop.

Jakesta
06-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh. my. god. I didn't even notice that Hero check-raised the flop instead of betting it. I guess I just assumed that no one in their right mind would not bet this flop. I was wrong.

walkertullaris
06-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Well i am a newbie (only like 5k hands online and some books read Theory of Poker and some other 2+2 books) but here is my though of that flop.

The bettor might be on a semi-bluff-draw to a flush draw, i would for sure bet this flop with a hand like KQ of spades, maybe even a J9s (but raise pre-flop with KQs).

If that is the case you would get check raised the Turn (then you can throw away the hand).
Still i would bet that flop.

Daniel Eriksson
Sweden

Iq75
06-07-2005, 04:44 AM
I bet the flop in this situation.

I would also bet the turn.

hbaromega
06-07-2005, 04:45 AM
check raising the flop wont get a flush draw to fold and it could give a free card which would be pretty bad 3 handed. bet the turn, UTG may have a /images/graemlins/spade.gif or a number of straight or overcard outs.

Rah
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For god's sake, bet the turn! You showed a lot of aggression on the flop and now you have to follow through. If the villain is at all intimidated then now is the time to pull the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on betting the turn, but not to "follow through". Being aggressive on the flop doesn't mean you "have to" spew chips on later streets if there's no reason to.
Betting and folding to a raise on the turn seems like the best move though, I guess villain had JT?

topspin
06-07-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree on betting the turn, but not to "follow through".

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Hero should bet the turn because HU he is very likely to still have the best hand. Especially given that a LP flop bettor may have been firing with very little / nothing.

Quercus
06-07-2005, 09:51 AM
I prefer a bet on the flop unless you know that UTG will autobet if checked to him. You really don't want to give free cards here. You've also only got two opponents and a mini-pot. You may very well take it down right here.

Gotta bet that turn.