PDA

View Full Version : PF: small pairs after one limper

einbert
06-07-2005, 01:06 AM
I pretty much never fold here. Mistake?

TStoneMBD
06-07-2005, 01:18 AM
these are one of the very few hands i limp with after a sole limper. i raise pretty much everything else. i never fold these either.

donger
06-07-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
these are one of the very few hands i limp with after a sole limper. i raise pretty much everything else. i never fold these either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you isolate limpers with baby suited Aces? What about King-little suited?

climber
06-07-2005, 02:14 AM
I pretty much agree...its still obviously player/situation dependant but in general i am overlimping these every time.

Against uber fish that love folding postflop i sometimes raise to isolate if I have fives or sixes. Anything smaller than that is a little sketchy though.

Against solid players that play well postflop and have recently been owning me I have folded a few times recently.

TStoneMBD
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM
it depends on the vpip of the limper and the vpip/fbbs of the bb. if the limper is 50vpip and the bb is 50vpip i am more inclined to limp behind with small pairs and suited kings. some players just do not fold their bbs to guys with 20pfr (like me), and that is almost the correct approach.

just to reexplain, since there are some here who would point out that a suited king has positive equity against a random bb hand and a 50vpip limper, so by raising i am actually raising for value. while this is true, i find that it becomes harder to play these hands postflop by raising. by raising, i put the opponents into check-call mode and unless i have some specific reads on their postflop play i am putting myself in a reverse implied odd situation. for instance, i bet at a missed flop, one of the lp players calls. turn is a brick, they check and i bet again, now they call when ahead and fold when behind. they never fold a pair and its very rare to see them fold ace high. i could check behind on the turn, and i often do, but they autobet the river and i dont find it profitable to call a river bet with king high. i used to make this call with ace high but fold it almost always in these situations now when the board is unpaired, and usually fold it when the board has paired unless i have a read.. this check-call strategy is actually a pretty good one against me despite being pathetically weak.

Silverback
06-07-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much never fold here. Mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they performing for you in each position?

Out of interest how do you play them UTG?