PDA

View Full Version : A9 turn

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2005, 12:59 AM
80/160 on ub 5 handed game

i raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG. a very aggro running me over player 3-bets next up in the CO and a too loose and passive player calls 3 on the button. the blinds get out of hte way. i call. 3 to the flop for 10.5 small bets.

flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet. CO calls. Button calls. 3 to the turn for 6.75 big bets.

turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Keep the pressure on or check? Would your answer change any if it was the J /images/graemlins/club.gif instead?

Justin A
06-07-2005, 03:08 AM
I think a check is in order here. That jack greatly lowers the chance you have the best hand, and you'll almost never win the pot with a turn bet.

I still can't figure out what I'd do if it was a J /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Jeff W
06-07-2005, 03:37 AM
I would definitely check-call the turn--I don't like your fold equity.

If the turn was Jc, I would check-fold--I think your hand is in trouble there because the Jc completes all straight draws(either pair up or straighten).

Profile23
06-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Definitely a check and call with the J of spades. Otherwise I check and fold with the J of clubs... very simple play. Good luck on the river

haakee
06-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Check regardless of the suit of the J. I don't think you can win the pot outright in either situation.

gaming_mouse
06-07-2005, 05:37 AM
c/call, planning to c/r a /images/graemlins/spade.gif river

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2005, 09:44 AM
i checked the turn. CO checks the turn. button checks the turn.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

now?

jquattro
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
A bet may be in order as you are probably facing nines with a worse kicker, though a jack may be scared off by the queen.

Id say bet though.

Paluka
06-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I like the turn check. I'd bet the river and get called by AK or a small pair.

SoBeDude
06-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm going against the grain and saying bet the turn.

a very aggro running me over player 3-bets is why.

He is going to 3bet preflop with many many hands here. AK and any small pair come to mind are hands that you're clearly ahead of that he'd play that way.

And he didn't raise the flop. A "very aggro" usually will. So you took the lead and no one has shown you much strength. and you just picked up 9 additional outs to the best hand. AND you may be ahead.

Bet.

-Scott