PDA

View Full Version : How often do you steel blinds in SNG?

golfcchs
06-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Just wondering how often you steel when SNG gets down to 5 or 4 handed? Do you steel every folded to button and small blind? How do you play differently if you are large, medium, or short stack? Do push when you steel or just raise 2 or 3 times the blinds? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ewing55
06-07-2005, 12:30 AM
That is the key to SnGs is what everyone here is trying to figure out and debate.

Here's the way for a rookie to go:

1) Buy eastbay's Power Tools here Eastbay's Tool (http://sitngo-analyzer.com/) \

2) Read this forum for the next eon.

3) Post hands that you are not sure about.

4) Be an expert and help the new rookies!

---------------Jeff

DasLeben
06-07-2005, 12:50 AM
The Pope Mobile has steel blinds. Bwahahaha.

CaptSensible
06-07-2005, 01:17 AM
I steal as often as I can. I was on a really bad losing streak. Came to 2+2 for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The advice I got here brought my win rate from 27% to 50%. The two pieces of advice were "move from the 33s to the 11s AND, this one is the biggie, STEAL MORE at level 4 when there are fewer players/on the bubble. I got a lot of flack for folding K4suited on the button. The advice was PUSH PUSH PUSH. Obviously, player info, position, stack sizes etc. Check out my first post here "My Stats during a bad slump. I need help!" Pretty much all that's there completely turned around my SNG game. If you search for the post make the search within the last 3 weeks.

TheNoodleMan
06-07-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Pope Mobile has steel blinds. Bwahahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure why I'm laughing, but I am.

Myst
06-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Though Im sure your game has improved alot since being here, I highly doubt you can keep a 50% winrate up.

CaptSensible
06-07-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Though Im sure your game has improved alot since being here, I highly doubt you can keep a 50% winrate up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a man his dreams! lol

pergesu
06-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Oh man, I just finished a game where I had 6k chips on the bubble ($22, so 8k chips in the game). I pushed EVERY SINGLE HAND cause it truly didn't matter to me if I doubled anyone up. Probably the most fun SNG I've ever played.

imported_machine
06-07-2005, 06:40 AM
i would say stealing is my biggest problem, i usually steal with any k or any ace, on the button or small blind. wont steal anywhere else without higher k or medium ace or 77+. But i find i bust out so many times when 4 or 5 are left, i did have a quick look at eastbays program, does it come as second nature remembering when to push or not after u have had the program for a while? are there any books etc on blind stealing around? I know there are some posts is it best to read all of them? have read a few. a friend of mine pushes any 2 cards on button or small blind when 4 left is this the right play? obviously not if your short stack but otherwise? do you think my stealing hands are of the right range or do i need to loosen up?

Cheers(sorry bout kinda repeating question)

Ben

pergesu
06-07-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would say stealing is my biggest problem, i usually steal with any k or any ace, on the button or small blind. wont steal anywhere else without higher k or medium ace or 77+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, you need to be stealing a lot more. Playing like you describe above leads to
[ QUOTE ]
But i find i bust out so many times when 4 or 5 are left

[/ QUOTE ]
so you need to
[ QUOTE ]
have a thorough look at eastbays program

[/ QUOTE ]
and it will
[ QUOTE ]
come as second nature remembering when to push or not after u have had the program for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_machine
06-07-2005, 06:48 AM
do you suggest buying the program and then running it alongside your table at first until it comes as second nature?

pergesu
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
No, I suggest playing a couple tourneys and then loading them up into the program after you're done. Save all the hand histories for tournaments you finished 5th or better in, throw them in a special folder somewhere, and analyze them. Change the numbers around so you can see what factors affect the EV.

Here's a thread (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=185) where eastbay discusses how to learn using SNGPT.

ewing55
06-07-2005, 12:38 PM
You can't use eastbay's program to analyze your play *as you play*, but I do sometimes load it up to check my decision on a hand I just played. (It allows you to autoload a hand *once the hand is over.* It is cheating, against the T&C of poker sites, and just a bad idea to use a computer program to decide your play.)

--------------Jeff