PDA

View Full Version : South Park- about to be in broadcast syndication!

bholdr
06-06-2005, 11:56 PM
I just saw some adverts for south park on UPN 11- appearently it's entering broadcast syndication and will be on five nights a week starting this fall. for us cheapskates that don't get cable (TV, i have comcast internet only), this is huge. it will be in the same time slot as the simpsons (11 pm)... very intresting.

Also, i wonder how they're gonna deal with the profanities, given that the FCC has a big huge stick up it's ass right now. anybody else have southpark coming to their market? or have you already?

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
How does Comedy Central get away with airing South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut? I know that they only show it at like 1 am or later, but I thought the FCC cares about cable as well. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they show it 100% uncut, but if they can do that, then why do channels like TNT and USA censor the bad words in their nightly movies? I don't get it.

kerssens
06-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Cable can air just about anything after 10pm (I think) but doesn't because of sponsors.

mungpo
06-07-2005, 12:01 AM
FCC can't regulate cable since it is a pay service.

eric5148
06-07-2005, 12:03 AM
It's all about what the advertisers want.

Jakesta
06-07-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cable can air just about anything after 10pm (I think) but doesn't because of sponsors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, sponsors, that's why.

On another note, I am glad that Howard Stern is coming to Sirius next year. Now he will be able to say whatever he wants and the dickheads at the FCC won't be able to do anything, unless Congress decides that the FCC can regulate satellite radio. I wouldn't put it past those cocksuckers.

bholdr
06-07-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FCC can't regulate cable since it is a pay service.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, the FCC has no power over cable because it is not broadcast. technicly, the public owns the airwaves, which is what gives the gov the authourity to regulate what is or isn't broadcast. if cable were free, they still wouldn't be able to do anything, and if broadcast TV charged money, the FCC would still be in control. sorry to nitpick, but it's an important distinction.

i did see boobs on PBS the other night, though.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, sponsors, that's why.

On another note, I am glad that Howard Stern is coming to Sirius next year. Now he will be able to say whatever he wants and the dickheads at the FCC won't be able to do anything, unless Congress decides that the FCC can regulate satellite radio. I wouldn't put it past those cocksuckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howards a hypocrite who censored an entire New York radio station.