PDA

View Full Version : Overly aggressive with Trips and a wheel draw

mscags
06-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I know the title sounds prposterous, but on sixth street I think that I was behind both ways. Anyone not jam this?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (8.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

5th Street - (10.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

6th Street - (18.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls___calls

River - (34.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___folds

Total pot: (37.35 BB)

bygmesterf
06-07-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know the title sounds prposterous, but on sixth street I think that I was behind both ways. Anyone not jam this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are behind both ways with one card to come (and your boat might not be good if you make it), I think you've answered you own question.

somapopper
06-07-2005, 07:18 AM
here's how I read 6:

seat 1 made 8, probably pretty smooth, but lacking a 3

seat 5 trip 9s and that's it... 9q in the hole is just bloody unlikely

seat 7, looks like a 4 flush, maybe with a low draw... somewhat difficult to tell, but trip 7s can't bet this weak, and big pocket pairs should certainly fold by 6.

of the 31 cards left in the deck, one gives you a high you can feel very good about (quads), 7 give you a boat, 3 cards make a wheel and give you an outside chance at a scoop in a huge pot, finally 6 aditional cards make a low.

you're going to hit one of these over 50% of the time. I'd say you're going to win half the pot 40% of the time.

But ocassionally you'll get the low to fold if he's still drawing, and very occasionally mr. 9 will be a psycho and he'll have less than trip 9s...

raising is very slightly negative the vast majority of the time, when no one has gotten far out of line in the hand, but you lose so little by doing it that I think it's the right play.