PDA

View Full Version : Where does the money come from at the tightest games...

jstewsmole
06-06-2005, 10:13 PM
I play 3/6 (try anyways)and am always finding myself in situations that are similiar. The main one is holding AK in EP, raising with it and either picking up the blinds or being cold called or reraised by a hand that is a coin flip against AK like any lower pocket pair or worse AA or KK. My question is wheres the money being consistently made in these situations. It seems that this happens so much that im constantly being in situaitons where im a coin flip to win.

mr pink
06-06-2005, 10:19 PM
table. selection. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thirddan
06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
in tight games the money flows to those that make adjustment to their game and realize that their strategy has to change because the game is much tighter than normal...this might include loosening up your stealing requirements or starting to steal earlier...it could also be to increase your semi-bluffing if the postflop play is weak...

i've found that weak tight tables can be profitable if you make the right adjustments to your play, but a table of TAGs is not worth it, work on table selection...

if you are constantly taking AK up against AA/KK then that is just how it works, sometimes you run into great hands when you have big hands, you can't do anything about what cards everyone is dealt...but you can maximize the profits in hands where you take AK up against TT or other pairs by either outflopping and extracting the max or by getting them to lay down the best hand by representing a better hand when overcards come...