PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury 30/60 QQ

NLSoldier
06-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Decent 30 game at canterbury. Adam has been playing very loose an aggressive, Toddzilla isn't stuck yet so hes still playing pretty straightforward.

Zilla opens early and I 3bet with QQ. Adam calls in the BB and 3 of us take a flop of A87r. Checked to me, I bet, Adam checkraises, Zilla cold calls, what is my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

Note: I am pretty positive that neither of these guys would object to me posting their names in this hand.

ggbman
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
The plan isn't to fold right here?

Justin A
06-06-2005, 10:28 PM
What's Adam playing like postflop?

JihadOnTheRiver
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
You guys have a friendly rivalry, no? If so, consider the fact that rivals very rarely give proper credit for hand strength, as they feel they're always being played back at. Therefor, they're always playing back at you. I think you can quickly find out where you are by three-betting, but in a normal gametime scenario, I fold.

-Jihad

flawless_victory
06-06-2005, 11:43 PM
i dont know adam from adam, but if hes play like an average live 30 player, he has AQ. foldddd.

PokerBob
06-06-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Decent 30 game at canterbury. Adam has been playing very loose an aggressive, Toddzilla isn't stuck yet so hes still playing pretty straightforward.

Zilla opens early and I 3bet with QQ. Adam calls in the BB and 3 of us take a flop of A87r. Checked to me, I bet, Adam checkraises, Zilla cold calls, what is my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

Note: I am pretty positive that neither of these guys would object to me posting their names in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think a flop smooth call would scare the hell out of Adam, no?

Kevin J
06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I should pay more attention, cuz I was just there (and could've been in that game), but don't remember either of these guys by name.

I'm inclined to fold. Not necessarily because of Adam's c/r, but because of zilla's cold call. When a reasonable bb player calls two cold pre-flop and then another two cold on a flop of A87r, QQ is probably in trouble.

But this stuff always comes down to knowing your player(s). While I was up there, I saw some pretty big pots being won with under pairs that went +3 bets on the flop. Even I won a few of these. So game texture and how it's playing is also important. IMO-

Schneids
06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Three bet I'm pretty sure you have the best hand, Zilla bets the ace into you, and Adam's range of hands here is huge and doesn't even have to include a pair.