PDA

View Full Version : Six Feet Under Premier

BottlesOf
06-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I thought it was a very good first episode. Better than Entourage and The Comeback were. I'm a little surprised at how well Rico is doing dating again. I'm also a little surprised how quickly Nate and Brenda are getting married.

I thought the wedding was filled with powerful moments. When Ruth slaps Claire, and then Brenda's two conversations with Lisa and Nate were quite moving. I also liked how Nate looks at the bird eating the wedding cake, and we're reminded of Lisa.

I don't really understand why Nate was crying in the doctor's office in the show's last shot.

Your thoughts?

Keats13
06-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Good episode. Did a good job of establishing the major plotlines for the season. Given that this is the last season, I just hope they don't bring in so many new tangents that they have to abandon major stories or wrap things up in a half-assed way. The writing has always been good so far though, so I think they'll be ok.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand why Nate was crying in the doctor's office in the show's last shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited to white text spoiler:
<font color="white">Just a wild guess, but it might have something to do with the fact that his unborn child is dead. </font>

BottlesOf
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I think it just might /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keats13
06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I laughed at the opening scene death. Is that wrong?

xadrez
06-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Glad to see the creators of Six Feet Under havent lost their fastball. Good first episode.

IndieMatty
06-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Nate cried because he kept putting off his grief. He had that moment alone to grieve.

It was excellent. But I wanted to kill myself after.

sfer
06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
A friend was over watching it while I played poker. She said it sucked, so that's my opinion.