PDA

View Full Version : Ewoks II, The Battle for Endor....

kerssens
06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I just found this tape from probably about 1985, recorded off TV. The movie is complete trash but the commercials are awesome. "Keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool, new McD...LT" Honorable mention goes to Teddy Ruxpin's emergence..ala Frankenstein.

nolanfan34
06-06-2005, 08:02 PM
That is awesome. More companies should be like Rainier beer, just start airing some old school ads. They're usually pretty funny seeing them now.

dr. klopek
06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
I had that [censored] taped off TV too. Do you have the mcdlt commercial with jason alexander? I guess it aired sometime around christmas for mine because there were all these commercials for santa clause the movie featuring puppet reindeer. Also, there was this lightbulb commercial where this dude made of light comes out of the lamp. Old commercials kick ass.

kerssens
06-06-2005, 08:07 PM
I think the Christmas commercials were during Ewoks I....when Wicket and the girl saved the parents from the giant spider or something. That one also had Ronald McDonald ice skating.

dr. klopek
06-06-2005, 08:11 PM
It was the one where Syndel (sp?) and Wickett (?) team up with that real fast dude and go to wilford brimley's house and he's trying to repair the star cruiser. The chick that turns into a crow kidnaps her and the ewoks have to go rescue her from the super ugly dude's castle.

The other one is where they have this little tinkerbell type thing that helps them rescue their paretns from the huge dude in the cave. That's all I remember about it.

kerssens
06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was the one where Syndel (sp?) and Wickett (?) team up with that real fast dude and go to wilford brimley's house and he's trying to repair the star cruiser. The chick that turns into a crow kidnaps her and the ewoks have to go rescue her from the super ugly dude's castle.

The other one is where they have this little tinkerbell type thing that helps them rescue their paretns from the huge dude in the cave. That's all I remember about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the first one is the one I'm watching, with Noah and Teek...just saw an OJ Simpson commercial.

dr. klopek
06-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Nice, was it the Hertz one?

Also, I could be mistaken, but doesn't her family all die in that one? How could it be the first one?

kerssens
06-06-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice, was it the Hetz one?

Also, I could be mistaken, but doesn't her family all die in that one? How could it be the first one?

[/ QUOTE ]

They die at the beginning of the second one and Cyndil and Wickett escape from the ugly dudes buy rolling out of the wagon. The movie is coming back to me now...they're gonna go and save all the ewoks from the castle and at the end there'll be a big showdown between Wilfred Brimley and the head ugly guy.

kerssens
06-06-2005, 08:39 PM
News brief....the Green River killer and the Mariners getting their asses kicked, Alvin Davis!

tbach24
06-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I love watching my old Simpsons tapes. The commercials pwn. Clear Pepsi, lol, I don't even remember that (besides from the commercial).

kerssens
06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
ABC really hyped Moonlighting and The Fall Guy

mistrpug
06-07-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just found this tape from probably about 1985, recorded off TV. The movie is complete trash but the commercials are awesome. "Keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool, new McD...LT" Honorable mention goes to Teddy Ruxpin's emergence..ala Frankenstein.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bunch of old Christmas movies that my parents taped (with stuff like Rudolph, Frostie, Year without a Santa, etc.) that must have been taped in 1985 as well because I remember every commercial you named from those tapes.

sfer
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ABC really hyped Moonlighting and The Fall Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Moonlighting still rules and Lee Majors is cool.

kerssens
06-07-2005, 02:51 PM
A commercial that I was hoping to see but didn't was the really fast talking guy pitching Micro Machines...I had a lot of those things.