PDA

View Full Version : getting maximum value for your flopped sets

stinkypete
06-06-2005, 07:29 PM
i think i played this hand pretty good, what do you guys think?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

should i gaybet the turn and hope to get raised?

MoDOH
06-06-2005, 07:41 PM
If you are going to gaybet the turn you might as well threebet the flop, which just happens to be my suggestion to you...

threebet the flop and lead the turn...

Trix
06-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Lead turn or check-3bet the flop.

With the K falling you should be more inclined to lead than on a blank as it may scare him into checking a weaker pair.

checking river is pure fps, take your call from AQ/AJ and get on with it..

stinkypete
06-06-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are going to gaybet the turn you might as well threebet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i don't wanna lose the guy in the middle. and if i don't 3-bet the flop i think i'm much more likely to get raised when i bet the turn.

betting out on the flop might have some merit though.

stinkypete
06-06-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

checking river is pure fps, take your call from AQ/AJ and get on with it..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i know. i misplayed this one badly.

adamstewart
06-06-2005, 07:46 PM
check-raise the flop, then lead the turn.

Adam

clownshoes
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Most definitely check/3bet this flop and lead the turn

tolbiny
06-06-2005, 07:51 PM
The guy in the middle raised preflop- most 5-10ers have a problem laying down to big overcards here- and if he has an overpair he might very well cap it and then you can check riase the turn.
There is no way you should check the river here after the turn gets checked through (unless you have a good idea that the button will try to pick it up with his missed flush draw).

wadea
06-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I know it's cliche, but even in 6-max, I don't think it's possible to play a set too fast - on every street. I think you'll make more money by just getting after it every time and hoping somebody else made TPGK. The times you win a huge pot this way will outweight the times you take it down uncontested. I would only slow down if the board gets very scary.

-w.a.