PDA

View Full Version : Tourneys: Always walk away frustrated?

tipperdog
06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I've recently converted from ring games to tourneys, because I find them more exciting. That said, it seems that I ALWAYS feel like [censored] after busting out, regardless of the quality of my play or the means of my ouster (whether I lost on a bad beat or a bad play). If I cash, I'm [censored] that I didn't climb higher and even when I do very well, I'm [censored] that I didn't win.

I'm just curious: do more experienced tourney players always feel this way when busting out or are you able to maintain a better attitude and be satisfied if you played well, regardless of the outcome?

Interestingly, I don't feel this way at all about ring games. If I've played well but end up a net loser, I leave the table feeling fine.

sirio11
06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Not always, I think I feel almost ok, every time I have won.

augie00
06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
If I think that I have played well, I am almost always disapointed when I get eliminated.

If I think that I played like crap, I am often not as disapointed.

trying2learn
06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
i've found i hit a low after tourneys unless i win them - period.

the worst though are those tourneys where you never really make a move, and just hang around and then are out to an overpair or something...

i think everything you talk about is normal.

you don't feel this in a ring game because you can keep beating the suckers as long as you wish. you quit on your own terms.

Moonsugar
06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Only the winner is not going to be frustrated.

But we still play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ismisus
06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I refuse to be frustrated every time I play a tourney (well almost). I am only frustrated when I try to make a play which I think should work, but doesn't for whatever reason.

I am amazed that everyone who posts always whine about their miracle 2-outers. I almost always lose on a coinflip.

AlcateL
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I almost always lose on a coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you do.. =p

AlcateL
06-06-2005, 07:53 PM
oh, if you meant you almost always get knocked out on a coinflip... me too =p

beeyjay
06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm always pissed if it was a mistake I made. If it was a bad beat it doesn't get to me nearly as much. Maybe its actually worse for a few minutes but then that ends more quickly. If it was a mistake I made, I can't stop replaying the hand in my head for soo long. Its such a bad feeling but quite honestly I think thats how you get better. The more situations you've seen and had the time to thouroughly think through the more you know how to handle them. Its more likely you will make less similar mistakes in the future.

The key thing to remember is the games are always there. Anything you did wrong today feels like the end of the world but tomorrow you can go back and apply what you learned from it and be better for it.