PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre behavior

KornGeek
06-06-2005, 05:54 PM
I was playing live 2/4 last night and had a very interesting character at the table. He was very loose and would play with almost anything. He was also very aggressive and would often bet before the next card had been revealed. His overaggressiveness was causing an increase in pre-flop folds.

(Button was a slightly above average player in my read.)

It went something like this (8 handed):
Pre-Flop
Hero: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, 2 calls, 1 fold, Villain raises, 1 fold, all call.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, 2 fold, Villain raises, button calls, 2 fold, Hero calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Villain bets, button folds, Hero calls.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Villain bets...

At this point, I'm looking at the table and see several ways he could beat me. I don't seem to have much of a chance except that he could be playing just about any 2 random cards because he is fairly wild.

I asked him what he had, and he said Ace-3. I figured that if he had wanted me to call, he would have said something less intimidating or not answered. By his answer I guessed that he had crap. I figured he had me beat (I was guessing flush), but I felt that the pot odds were good enough considering how often he played bad hands.

Finale:
Hero calls.

Rather than turning his cards up, Villain mucks it.

Aside from insanity or just bad poker skills, why the hell would somebody muck their cards when they have a chance to win? I even made the mistake of saying "I think you have it won, but I'm calling anyway." Is there some strategy here that I'm just not seeing?

Don't get me wrong. I was happy he did it, but I just don't get it.