View Full Version : Horrible Loosing Streak -need advice

oldye
06-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Down 30 buyin 2 tabling 30$ 5-handed tournaments in 2 weeks
down 3 buyins since I started 2 tabling
I've played 293 games while 2-tabling at the 30$ lvl
133 games single tabling at the 30$ lvl w/ a roi of 15%
269 games single tabling 20$ @ 28% roi

I have the bankroll to keep playing the 30's but maybe I should go down and try to 2 table 20's
any advice...
I feel that I'm not catching many hands lately/I probably havent been pushing enough since i've start loosing...not many bad beats although more then usual

smcannon
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I hope you're wearing a seatbelt....

ZenMusician
06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Open note to the online universe:

Loose - "not tight"
Lose - "didn't win"

Loosing - ????
Losing - "not winning"

You're Welcome

-ZEN

DasLeben
06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Open note to the online universe:

Loose - "not tight"
Lose - "didn't win"

Loosing - ????
Losing - "not winning"

You're Welcome

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

I speake Englisch.

THATWACOKID
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if anyone has actually rolled on the floor laughing ... if you have raise your hand /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

treeofwisdom7
06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
this is his first post..

play the 20s your just not good nuff to play higher than that.. drop the poker ADD and grind out the lower levels.

Kristian
06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
293 SnG's are not enough to tell if you are a winning player or not, especially so since you are just about break even.

So in the end, it's quite easy: Play only at levels you feel comfortable. This includes moving down if you are unsure you can beat your current one. Post hands you are uncertain about, you most likely have flaws in your game like everyone else.
It sure sounds like you need to evaluate your game more since you have changed it after you started losing.

ZenMusician
06-06-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sure sounds like you need to evaluate your game more since you have changed it after you started lo<font color="red">o</font>sing.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-ZEN

oldye
06-06-2005, 06:43 PM
sorry about the spelling error...sometimes my keyboard double keeys(making a point i know how to spell key..its not that funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif )...
overall i've played over 1000 sngs building my bankroll from scratch so I know that I am a winning player overall
I guess i'm going to take a couple of days off and try again
btw i've been a lurker for several months and have improved my game because of what i have read here so thnx

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kristian
06-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Forgive me for being such a forum N00b, but I have lived too long without knowing what FYP stands for. Pls help!

ZenMusician
06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
NH

I can't count the times I see loose instead of lose...lol

I find newer folks are very tempted to multi-table because of the
mass of players here who can do it profitably. Like a chess master
who plays a simultaneous match against 100 pros...the master
needs only a batting eye to discover the best play depending on the
situation in a game. I would concern myself with mastering a single
table ESPECIALLY in no-limit formats, and moving up levels that way,
before opening that 2nd or 18th table!

Welcome to the forums!

-ZEN

ZenMusician
06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me for being such a forum N00b, but I have lived too long without knowing what FYP stands for. Pls help!

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't say, because I had to dig DEEP to find out...lol

( - Fixed Your Post - )

-ZEN

oldye
06-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I know most of you play 10 player sng's on party but if anyone has any long-term experience with 5 handed turbo sngs ...I'd like to know what
roi you have you been able to achieve at X$ after X games
since the shorthanded games take about half as much time as the 10 player games ..wouldn’t a 28% roi equate to a staggering 56% roi ?/ making my win rate at single tables at the 30$ lvl equate to a respectable 30%?

Kristian
06-06-2005, 07:05 PM
No longer shall we search high and low for FYP.

Tadahh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FYP)

Nepa
06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Down 30 buyin 2 tabling 30$ 5-handed tournaments in 2 weeks
down 3 buyins since I started 2 tabling
I've played 293 games while 2-tabling at the 30$ lvl
133 games single tabling at the 30$ lvl w/ a roi of 15%
269 games single tabling 20$ @ 28% roi

I have the bankroll to keep playing the 30's but maybe I should go down and try to 2 table 20's
any advice...
I feel that I'm not catching many hands lately/I probably havent been pushing enough since i've start loosing...not many bad beats although more then usual

[/ QUOTE ]

This may sound simple but why don't you try ONE-tabling and see if your results get any better.

Blarg
06-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Psychological reasons are ALWAYS an adequate reason to come down a level.

Playing scared is no way to play poker. Poker is a game of small edges expressed over a long period of time, and you can't afford to give any of them up.

prana
06-06-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Psychological reasons are ALWAYS an adequate reason to come down a level.

Playing scared is no way to play poker. Poker is a game of small edges expressed over a long period of time, and you can't afford to give any of them up.

[/ QUOTE ]