PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket in connecticut

tdarko
06-06-2005, 05:32 PM
i was told that in connecticut that you are allowed one citation before the tickets go to your insurance, is this true? in texas i would be doing defensive driving or deferred judification to make sure the ticket doesn't go on my insurance. i was told that new york does this too, is this true?

i am living in connecticut for the summer but i am on the road constantly so if anyone knows how this works and has any advice that would be great, thanks.

MrWookie47
06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
All I know about speeding tickets there is that it's exceptionally easy to get them. I was driving from Boston to NYC one afternoon, and in that one trip across CT, I saw 6 speed traps with 2 cops each spread about evenly across the state nailing people. I didn't get caught at the first one, and by the third, I was sure to spend the rest of my travels 2 mph under the limit.

tdarko
06-06-2005, 06:42 PM
well i live in an area of dallas where if you don't drive 20 over you might get hit so it's habit for me to just get out there and get going so needless to say i got caught as did 6 other cars on my 15 minute drive from the ballpark to my home.

anyone from connecticut out there know anything about this? is it safe to just plead guilty and pay the ticket b/c it won't go on my insurance?

Dangergirl
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well i live in an area of dallas where if you don't drive 20 over you might get hit so it's habit for me to just get out there and get going so needless to say i got caught as did 6 other cars on my 15 minute drive from the ballpark to my home.

[/ QUOTE ]
What part of Dallas are you from? Close to LBJ or Central Expressway?

tdarko
06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
i live on the tollroad in plano but yes you need to be quick on lbj too

Dangergirl
06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Ah, I forgot about the tollway.
Crazy ass drivers!