PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Sevens

bruce
06-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Final table with seven players left. One smaller stack than me
and two stacks twice to three times my size of T24000. First
prize is $1200, then $600, then $300, and then lunch money in descending order.

Player from hand before, a goofball all over the place and very unpredicatble, limps. I have two Sevens on the button.
Blinds are T500/1000/100. I make it T4000. Goofball who
has me slightly covered moves all in after the blinds fold.

What's my play? Did I have a better BTF play?

Comments appreciated.

Bruce

transmitt
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
to me, goofball = overcards, but don't know if i'm just biased by your post. I think I flip the coin here though.

Havok
06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Wow, been in that situation before. To the player left to act behind you that went all in could have been two things. He could have thought you were just trying to blind steal, and went all in to get you to fold, or he really had a hand, my money is he really had a hand maybe ace queen or something similar, because he had position on you. So your left with do you really want a coin flip this early on when you have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds, and the risk of going out and getting a smaller payout after all of your hard work to make it to the final table. Hmmmmm I've made that play, lost and realized now folding was the best option. Later when the blinds are higher, going all in is the right play, too early for that here. Folding is probably best play unless you want to gamble early.

Hope I helped.