PDA

View Full Version : the New York bar exam

BigD226
06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Anyone else out there sharing in this hell of studying for the NY bar exam? I literally had to start my review course the *day after* graduation. I'm currently balls-deep in contract damages, and already feeling burned out with 8 weeks to go.

Just wondering if anyone else here is going through the same thing.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-06-2005, 04:59 PM
You are in poker forums. Try law forums (http://www.lawstudentparadise.com/forums/)

If you don't pass w/in 3 years, I'll study with you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lucas9000
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
i might be taking it next year, and i'm dreading trying to study and work full time simultaneously.

Dynasty
06-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Hard work sucks.

For about a month in 1995, I was studying for the CPA exam in Massachusetts. When I got a non-CPA job which required an extensive training program, I left the CPA review course and never went back to it.

I dealt with a lot of CPAs in the 4.5 years I was an accountant. Their job didn't look like fun to me.

lucas9000
06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are in poker forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. do you see why?

The Armchair
06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else out there sharing in this hell of studying for the NY bar exam? I literally had to start my review course the *day after* graduation. I'm currently balls-deep in contract damages, and already feeling burned out with 8 weeks to go.

Just wondering if anyone else here is going through the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm living your hell, too. I'm typing up my Real Property notes now... boo.

BigD226
06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i might be taking it next year, and i'm dreading trying to study and work full time simultaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know how you'd be able to work full time and adequately prepare for the exam. Will you be taking a course or studying on your own?

lucas9000
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know how you'd be able to work full time and adequately prepare for the exam. Will you be taking a course or studying on your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

studying on my own. i've already taken and passed the colorado bar, and i did very well on the multistate. so, the multistate portion at least would be mostly refresher, and the real work would be on the state-specific stuff. i have no delusions that it would be an easy task, but i might do it. the alternative is wait another 4 years and just waive in to ny.

RicktheRuler
06-06-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are in poker forums

[/ QUOTE ]

No he isn't.

The Armchair
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
If you want any outlines, PM me an email address. I'm taking BarBri and I already did PMBR (but those aren't typed in).

My NY Practice outline won't be done for a while b/c I just took the class, but I can send you my outline from the class.

How'd you do on the MBE?

lucas9000
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How'd you do on the MBE?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember the number. i could look it up when i get home because i think i still have the score sheet. pm me if you want me to check.

BigD226
06-06-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
studying on my own. i've already taken and passed the colorado bar, and i did very well on the multistate. so, the multistate portion at least would be mostly refresher, and the real work would be on the state-specific stuff. i have no delusions that it would be an easy task, but i might do it. the alternative is wait another 4 years and just waive in to ny.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you already have some experience taking these exams...that'll go a long way I'm sure. Unfortunately, NY is supposedly far and away the hardest exam in the country because of all the differences from MBE.

Also, I heard they just raised the passing score 5 points....just in time for us to take it!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BigD226
06-06-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm living your hell, too. I'm typing up my Real Property notes now... boo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I start Real Property tomorrow. Just finished Contracts and UCC Article 2...it can't possibly get any worse from here...right? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Where'd you go to school?

The Armchair
06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I heard they just raised the passing score 5 points....just in time for us to take it!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes up 5 more points next year.

HDPM
06-06-2005, 08:03 PM
article 9.

Mr. Zero
06-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Ohio here.

The beer will flow like wine on July 28th.

Sen. VernonTrent
06-07-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
article 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can take that to the bank.