PDA

View Full Version : On a losing streak: what to change?

nova
06-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I have recently undergone a pretty rough slide over the past few months at the 10+1's. From poor play on my part, to getting outdrawn, etc., I feel that I'm on a slide. I don't feel that I've changed my game tremendously from regularly finishing in the money, and I understand that long term gains outweigh short term swings.

I'm just somewhat concerned with the streak and am not sure what my next step is. Should I step away, and if so how long should I keep away? Do I need to modify my bankroll mentality and amounts?

I feel that I'm playing solid poker almost all the time and find I run into some bad beats like we all do. Most recently it's just been a bit more than usual, and minimal (if any) money finishes to offset it.

Do I step DOWN to the 5+1's? Change to playing only ring-format and no tournaments? Take a break and come back with a solid bankroll and take it slow? Thoughts appreciated, thanks guys.

the_joker
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Moving down sounds like a good idea. Maybe moving to a different site that has 5+.5 instead of the rediculous 5+1.

spentrent
06-06-2005, 04:43 PM
How many games are we talking about?

If it's less than, say, 500, you're just being paranoid. Play whatever your bankroll permits and post lots of hand histories.

DasLeben
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Well, I'm going to pull a pergesu and say:

POST HANDS

There, now that's outta the way. Sometimes you just run bad, even if you're playing fine. For instance, I'm running somewhat bad this last weekend, so I spent a good amount of the time in the Replayer and eastbay's program trying to "fix" my game. Well, turns out my game was fine. I just wasn't sucking-out/winning coinflips much at all. It happens.

My Q2o won't suckout against AK anymore. What the hell... My luckbox is broken. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nova
06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi guys thanks for the responses I appreciate it. I try to post hands that I would think would be beneficial and not fall into the 'bad beat' category. Unfortunately as of late (not to sound like a chump) I've had quite a bit of those. I figure I wouldn't waste people's time with AK vs AQ and spiking a Q on the river, or AA vs 22 and and a 2 comes on the flop. I'll work on getting more of the hands I need help with up in a more timely manner to get pointers.

I'll do some research into the replayer / eastbay programs you mention, I don't know anything about them but anything to help become a stronger player interests me.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it