PDA

View Full Version : Target ROI

sirdeej2
06-06-2005, 04:01 PM
What ROI percentage do you guys shoot for? I've heard 20% and 30% but I was wondering what you aim for.

tomdemaine
06-06-2005, 04:02 PM
250% please /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Don't have a target just do the best you can at all times. Remember play perfect poker play perfect poker play perfect poker, and you'll be a winnar!!

therock
06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I target about 400% at the start of each tournament.

Shilly
06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
This is a difficult question to answer because every player is different. While a 30% ROI at the 22's is attainable, the same ROI at the 215s is not. If you're just starting out, the best ROI goal to make is having it be positive. Once you know you're making money, it's time to plug leaks and settle down at a solid ROI.

treeofwisdom7
06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't have a target just do the best you can at all times. Remember play perfect poker play perfect poker play perfect poker, and you'll be a winnar!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he might be right but we are goal oriented. just shoot for 500 games where your +ROI. something like 25% in the 20's is great.

spentrent
06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a difficult question to answer because every player is different. While a 30% ROI at the 22's is attainable, the same ROI at the 215s is not. If you're just starting out, the best ROI goal to make is having it be positive. Once you know you're making money, it's time to plug leaks and settle down at a solid ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, one sacrifices ROI for hourly rate when multitabling. Don't have a target ROI because you'll never know when you've actually hit it.

I believe The Yugoslavian said it best a few months ago: "Down that path lies madness."

Ogre
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
358.7% (at the 100s not counting rakeback)

Myst
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 30% ROI at the 22s is NOT attainable. Show me a guy with a 30% ROI over 2000 tournys, and Ill shove my foot up my ass.

microbet
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Post an offer to bet $20,000 that it can't be done and see if anyone takes you up on it. If no one responds, just PM Curtains.

Big Limpin'
06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post an offer to bet $20,000 that it can't be done

[/ QUOTE ]

If we get 200 people to put in $100 each, do you think he'd relly stick his foot up his ass? I think that would totally be money well spent.

I just tried, and was able to make my foot *touch* my ass. Perhaps more flexibility/stretching would help. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

sirdeej2
06-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Ok say for a player new to SNGs looking to build a bankroll at PS playing the 5s and $6. turbos whats a resonable target?

Karak567
06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok say for a player new to SNGs looking to build a bankroll at PS playing the 5s and $6. turbos whats a resonable target?

[/ QUOTE ]

One that is above zero. That will build a bankroll.

vindikation
06-07-2005, 03:05 AM
One constant that seems aparent at all levels is an ITM of around 40%. If can't get in the money 40% of the time, your ROI is the least of your worries.

Make sure your ITM ~ 40% and then look at getting your ROI at > 0%. Depending on sample size and limit a good ROI should be between 10-30%.

zaphod
06-07-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goal nr 1: Positive ROI. Realise that most people are loosing money playing SNG's due to the rake.

Instead of setting a goal for ROI, i think it will be better spending some time here and try to improve your play. Read the posts here, post a few hands were you was unsure if you did the correct thing.
A few thing to consider when you post a hand:
-Post as accuratly as possible all the data you have(cards, stack size, blindsize, any reads on your opponents..)
-Don't post histories were you got unlucky. Many people get upset when posters post bad beat stories.

If you improve your play, your ROI will take care of it self.

Good luck

zaphod
06-07-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice from Bill Filmaff ?