PDA

View Full Version : Defend blind, c/r flop of bricks. Am I nuts?

Kumubou
06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
The button was LAGgy, the BB passive. The BB will call me down to the river if he thinks I am betting overs, but otherwise both players can find the fold button on occasion.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Heroine is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Heroine calls, BB calls.

<font color="green">I figured the Button's raising standard here to be fairly light (any two broadway, any ace, any PP) -- so Axs to be even with that range (actually, it's a 45/55 dog HU). Even being a slight dog, it's a good chance the BB will donk along for the ride. I'll press my luck.</font>

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Heroine checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

<font color="green">My hand may well be best here -- my concern is a weaker PP or an Ace from either player. I seriously doubt the Button connected with this flop, and I will take my chances with the BB missing too. So my hand may be best, and the Button is almost certainly betting here. Is this chechraise batshit insane?</font>

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, BB folds, Button folds.

<font color="green">Fufufufu. Now I'm either ahead or absolutely dead. If I'm dead, I figure whoever got the boat will let me know now, and I can fold.</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB

-K

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I like it, but I would have 3bet preflop. Force the BB to call two if he insists on being a fish.

Bodhi
06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
3 bet preflop to knock out the BB. Otherwise this looks fine.