PDA

View Full Version : AA 3-bet before it gets to me

AliasMrJones
06-06-2005, 02:24 PM
First hand at this table, in the BB, no reads. Comments?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, AliasMrJones calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

sweetjazz
06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Cap preflop. Rest of the hand looks good to me.

Nyack
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. Rest of the hand looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

CashFlo
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
looks fine.

AliasMrJones
06-06-2005, 02:47 PM
FWIW, I didn't cap hoping I'd be able to generate more action on the flop without showing strength PF if SB ended up with an overpair. This is the first time I can remember not raising as much as possible PF with AA so it isn't my standard play.

Lurker4
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I didn't cap hoping I'd be able to generate more action on the flop without showing strength PF if SB ended up with an overpair. This is the first time I can remember not raising as much as possible PF with AA so it isn't my standard play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this kind of a deception play is much better HU, ie if you were the button, openraised, and got 3-bet by the BB. 3-way, I'd definitely cap this. You might not even scare out the button, and you'd cap a handful of other hands here.

ThisHo
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
cap preflop as stated above.

why aren't we capping the flop? Are we now waiting for the big streets to get max bets? I think that we want to cap this, it doesn't look like SB is slowing down.

I started to ask why we didn't raise the river, but then I reread hand and saw that we got c/r so a call is probably best. I just wonder if villain c/r with KK / QQ? I don't think we see a 7 shown here very often.

ThisHo

damaniac
06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
What he said, plus I am less apt to do this OOP. It's easier to make up bets postflop with position than without. Besides, being a blind-steal situation, they may give you a slightly wider range of capping hands.

S_Perry
06-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Cap the flop. He will still bet most overpairs into you on the turn--your hand can look like 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gifs or checkraise, letting you still raise/3-bet.

AliasMrJones
06-06-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't know what I was thinking on the flop. I guess hoping to pop the turn for additional bets. Should have capped. When he just called the turn raise, I figured he didn't have diamonds and I couldn't believe he had a 7.

He had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MHING.