PDA

View Full Version : 2 players left: "push with any two, call with any two" hypothesis

spentrent
06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Has anyone done any math to figure out if such a strategy improves hourly rate (while reducing ROI)?

I seem to remember Lorinda positing this thought many months ago?

Karak567
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I dunno about calling with any 2, but pushing with any 2 is a good strategy IMO.

citanul
06-06-2005, 02:20 PM
meh.

my opinions on this subject: you can figure out or find the math about what push/call any two does to your expected results, and well, heads up really shouldn't last very long. clearly it lasts less long when you go all in every hand, instead of just most. but imo, it's a bad spot to try to speed up your game, i mean, you've played the whole game to get to this point, where there is the most money to be made at any point of the game, and then you should just play the x hands, and play them well? why give up the skill advantage at basically the most worthwhile point to play on?

before considering such a strategy, i'd urge the considerer to go look at how many hands heads up actually takes them to finish.

citanul

spentrent
06-06-2005, 02:24 PM
You can do better than "meh" can't you? Do I have to use an alias account to get more vitriol? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your points make sense.

microbet
06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
How can you worry about $/hr when you are HU? Are you writing a bot?

spentrent
06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you worry about $/hr when you are HU? Are you writing a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you seen my new avatar? I AM a bot.

lorinda
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Not guilty on this occasion.

I do sometimes mention gambling with AK very early through hourly rate considerations.

Lori

microbet
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I get it now. That is a pretty sweet avatar.

1C5
06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not guilty on this occasion.

I do sometimes mention gambling with AK very early through hourly rate considerations.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

And the fact you will run into AQ KQ or AJ sometimes instead of just JJ TT etc.