PDA

View Full Version : thanks for any input(no content)

JackThree
06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

benkath1
06-06-2005, 01:50 PM
3 bet the flop. You have top pair with a good kicker. SB completing could have anything like J10 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif's, A 7. You don't get much information on his hand by just calling.

You might try posting what you are thinking during the hand. Any info on SB?

Edit: oops, didn't see the check raise. I'm right there with you.

MrWookie47
06-06-2005, 01:51 PM
I play it like you did, but I think it's wrong against an unknown.

A check/raise after raising preflop usually means a monster - AA-JJ. If you weren't staring at 2 J's, I'd say that JJ was what was most likely. The flop bet is fine, however. If this guy was a known maniac, I'd call down, but otherwise, I fold the river. You have odds to chase 2pair/trips on the turn.

MrWookie47
06-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Ah, 3-betting for information... (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=523282&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1)

What was your plan if you were capped? Fold on the spot when the pot is now huge? Fold the turn when you have odds to chase trips/2 pair? Hero is very likely behind here, and he doesn't need a cap to tell him that much.

Additionally, it takes a special kind of lag to raise JT and A7 preflop. It also takes a special kind of lag to go for a check/raise after raising preflop. It is even more special that he'd check/raise a flush draw in a manner that will blast out the field. With no such read supplied, I think we're looking at AA-JJ, maybe AJ.

benkath1
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, 3-betting for information... (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=523282&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1)

What was your plan if you were capped? Fold on the spot when the pot is now huge? Fold the turn when you have odds to chase trips/2 pair? Hero is very likely behind here, and he doesn't need a cap to tell him that much.

Additionally, it takes a special kind of lag to raise JT and A7 preflop. It also takes a special kind of lag to go for a check/raise after raising preflop. It is even more special that he'd check/raise a flush draw in a manner that will blast out the field. With no such read supplied, I think we're looking at AA-JJ, maybe AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the checkraise. I think he played it well after seeing your reply, and then the checkraise.

JackThree
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
thx for the input, turns out he was a maniac, i'm really tired, i didn't even notice the check raise til benkath1 mentioned it and i'm like what? he c/raised?

turns out he had Q9o i thanked him, and he bet all the way to the river with 23 offsuit on the next hand and lost to middle pair

well I will ask you a question then, if somehow everyone magically changes position postflop and i am oop on the guy and he raised my bet is calling down okay?

looks like i butchered the hand though hehe

benkath1
06-06-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I will ask you a question then, if somehow everyone magically changes position postflop and i am oop on the guy and he raised my bet is calling down okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Might be even better. I would think I'm up against a worse hand from LP that SB. Of course I'd be a little more apt to 3 bet the flop and lead the turn if that were the case.

Fantam
06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Without a read on your opponent, I think calling down would have been OK if you were OOP.