PDA

View Full Version : Some questions..

12-13-2001, 12:17 AM
Hi!

I`ve been playing limit HE for two years now and have been winning at all limits up to 15-30$.

I`ve have read all the important books but I still have some simple questions..;

1. When is it right/wrong to raise from the blinds with a hand like A-Qo? How many opponents do you need for this to be correct?

2.Is it correct to raise with suited connecters or pocket pair from the blinds in a family pot?

3.Is it correct to raise with any pair in the cutoff? (If you dont know how tight the blinds are)

4.If a solid player raises from early position and you`re sitting one or two seats left for him is it then correct to call with hands like K-Js,

Q-10s ?

5.How many opponents do you need to call with a hand like 6-8s on the button in an unraised pot?

Thanks,

Ben

12-13-2001, 01:45 AM
1. I rarely raise with AQo from the BB. I will raise with it from the small blind against one or two weak limpers. You shouldn't be raising in multiway pots with AQo. Another problem with raising out of the blinds is that you are first to act on all following rounds- this of course makes things more difficult.

2. Pairs from 22-TT should be raised if just about everybody is in. Pairs KK & AA should also be raised for value, although I sometimes check with these hands if I think a bet is likely to come from late position on the flop. Usually just call with JJ & QQ since creating a big pot makes it tougher for these hands to win without flopping a set. You don't want to tie people in when you have these hands.

3. Usually raising in the cutoff should be done with any pair, unless the button is very apt to call you. The blinds don't need to fold all that often to make the raise correct.

4. Usually not. To call with KJs or QJs you need to be in a loose game and be pretty sure that at least a few players will come along for the ride. If the game is tight you should probably just fold.

5. 3 callers should be enough, but four or more makes it an easy call.

Kris