PDA

View Full Version : tough spot, i know i put too many bets in

tl65\
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm in a pretty good party 30/60 game, villain is laggy, 30/10 after about 300 hands.

Party 30/60 6 or 7 handed
UTG raises, 2 calls, SB calls, I call from BB with Q7s

Flop is Qxx one of my suit
I bet out, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls

Turn is a rag, puts a flush draw on the board, not my suit
I bet, all fold to SB who checkraises, i 3-bet he calls

river A
SB bets.....

At the turn, getting 10:1, i cant fold, so i 3-bet for a free showdown, first i'm not sure of this about this, but it definately charges something like a pair and turned flush draw.

His river bet just screams AQ or Axs, but getting 14:1.....

Nightwish
06-06-2005, 03:37 PM
First, do you have any read on UTG? I'm not a fan of your preflop call, even getting 9:1. That is, unless you're an expert postflop player....

Whether the flop bet is OK once again depends on UTG. If he's overaggro, your bet has a good chance of inducing him to raise and clear out the field behind him. If he's a good player, I don't think you'll accomplish what you want unless he either has you beat or has JJ/TT.

And the turn 3-bet is absolutely awful. You say you did it for a free showdown, which implies you think there's a good chance he's on a flush draw. If so, he'll almost certainly bet the river no matter what, so you'd be getting him to put in the same number of chips regardless. The right play on the turn is to just call.