PDA

View Full Version : Did I do this right? Should I have even been in this pot???

IamLeach
06-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I am sorry this is not converted. This hand came from a PokerRoom tourny. I am player IamLeach...(duh) Feedback please?

Seat 1: Hemilicke ($2,070 in chips)
Seat 2: IamLeach [QH,AC] ($1,280 in chips)
Seat 3: rumpmas ($2,525 in chips)
Seat 5: Skou x ($3,360 in chips)
Seat 6: barmmerm ($800 in chips)
Seat 7: Drews7 ($1,405 in chips)
Seat 9: G HATER ($2,630 in chips)
Seat 10: FYPM ($930 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
FYPM posts blind ($15), Hemilicke posts blind ($30).

PRE-FLOP
IamLeach calls $30, rumpmas calls $30, Skou x calls $30, barmmerm bets $125, Drews7 folds, G HATER folds, FYPM folds, Hemilicke folds, IamLeach calls $95, rumpmas calls $95, Skou x calls $95.

FLOP [board cards 6S,KC,6D ]
IamLeach checks, rumpmas checks, Skou x checks, barmmerm checks.

TURN [board cards 6S,KC,6D,QD ]
IamLeach bets $250, rumpmas folds, Skou x bets $500, barmmerm folds, IamLeach calls $250.

RIVER [board cards 6S,KC,6D,QD,KS ]
IamLeach checks, Skou x bets $655

The odds seemed to be there Pre Folp So I figured the call was good. When everyone checked on the flop I figured my bet on the turn was worth while. The raise seemed to not hurt my odds so I called....
I am guessing she had a 6 or Kx. Any thoughts on wether I should have played this differently?

Freudian
06-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I would bet smaller on the turn and fold to his raise.

I would most likely fold preflop before that also.

hummusx
06-06-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet smaller on the turn and fold to his raise.

I would most likely fold preflop before that also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or raise PF. Blinds are small, stacks are deep. I don't like limp-calling UTG with this hand.

Freudian
06-06-2005, 01:17 PM
With four players calling a 4xBB raise I think it would take a pretty committing raise to get it headsup here.

hummusx
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Sorry wasn't advocating a re-raise. Open-raising was the possible alternate action I was offering. I think there's a pretty good chance that a couple of those callers would have folded for a raise if they hadn't already limped. People get really attached to their hand.

IamLeach
06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Would you then advocate all EP plays ( or most) be done with a raise?

hummusx
06-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes. There are basically 3 things I do UTG early in a SNG: Fold (mostly), raise (premium hands), limp (mid/low pocket pairs). Depending on table texture I've been known to limp AQ or KQs if I feel good about seeing the flop for just the one bet. But you have to be really careful. Limping where you did wasn't bad, but I think calling the raise might have been questionable. You are first to call the raise and still have 3 more people to act behind you. Folding might be a little weak, but you aren't in good position and you don't have a good multi-way hand.