PDA

View Full Version : Early hand in a 50+5

Bradyams
06-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Single table 50+5 on Pokerroom. My friend was actually playing this while I looked on and tried to help out.

Probably about the 15th or 20th hand of the tourney. I can't remember the blinds, and I don't know the blind structure for Pokerroom, but I'm assuming they were 15/30.

Stack sizes:
Hero ~2500
Button ~1600

Hero is in MP2 w/ A/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone folds to Hero who raises to T120
Folds to Button
Button reraises to T250
Blinds fold
Hero calls

Flop - A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero pushes all-in

xLukex
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
If you plan on calling a bet on the flop, this is the right play.

Chances are he's on a draw with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and QQ, KK, or (doubtful) JJ.

therock
06-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Your friend would be better off without you looking over his shoulder.

1) Limp or fold pre-flop.
2) Fold to pre-flop raise.

Your opponent will probably make a continuation bet, so I check/raise the flop. I guess a push is fine too...

junkmail3
06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your friend would be better off without you looking over his shoulder.

1) Limp or fold pre-flop.
2) Fold to pre-flop raise.

Your opponent will probably make a continuation bet, so I check/raise the flop. I guess a push is fine too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah. I don't know about the limp. I'm happy picking up T45 with no contest, and I'm also happy in that position with those cards opening.

I like the raise, I might raise it to T90 though, it's enough to make the bad hands fold, and not too much if you miss the flop. With your chip position, I think you have room to work and try to build a bigger stack. So, I like the raise. (call the reraise ... again, you have room to work, getting 3-1 on your call)

On the flop, I would bet 2/3 the pot. this will give you some information about your opponents hand.

If he:

-calls, he may have a draw or top pair ...
And you should lead out again on the turn without a diamond.
Check fold to a diamond.

Raises, may be trying to buy it, but you should let it go (or call a min raise)

Raises all in, fold.

You give him everything if he has the diamonds, and he gives you nothing if he doesn't. In this situation, he's only going to call you if he has you beat. So, it's a bad play to push all in.

However, the probing bet (2/3 of the pot) really lets you know where you stand in the hand, and if you're beat (as he might tell you) you can get out with minor damage, (T2000 left) and still be in a good position.