Ritchey69 calls [$0.7].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 4h ]

Hero bets [$1].
Ritchey69 calls [$1].

** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]

Hero bets [$4].
Ritchey69 raises [$20].
Hero is all-In [$15.8]
Ritchey69 shows [ Td, Ts ] a full house, Tens full of eights.
Hero doesn't show [ Jd, Qd ] a straight, eight to queen.
Ritchey69 wins $0.2 from side pot #1 with a full house, Tens full of eights.
Ritchey69 wins $42 from the main pot with a full house, Tens full of eights.

The question is - should I call the raise 20 to my bet 4 on the river?? Dude could easily have just 8. Should I consider it as bad beat? Or what?

Thanks

meow_meow
06-06-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The question is - should I call the raise 20 to my bet 4 on the river?? Dude could easily have just 8. Should I consider it as bad beat? Or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the opposite of a bad beat.

Call the raise, only a FH beats you.

capone0
06-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Question A, why'd you bet a gut shot on the flop and continue to bet it on the turn when you could easily be beat. You didn't have the nuts. His cold call can be more of a sign of strength than the reraise.

For instance, today, I have K7 in the BB, flop comes 976, checked around. Turn is a K. I bet 2 into a 2 dollar pot. River is a 2. I bet 2 this time. First of all I DIDN'T like the flop to begin with but I thought I should bet for value but could easily get away if the action got serious. Guy who cold called turn reraised to 5 which basically said I'm huge, a larger raise would have easily been questionable, then the SB c/rs for 8, and I say something to the effect of "did you 2 flop straights cause I have 2 pair" and easily muck my 2 pair. 5 dollar reraiser bets allin, and sb calls. 810 vs 45. Sometimes you have to know when your beat. A8 could have played the hand the same way but don't you think at some time he would have tried to protect his hand IE on the turn if he wasn't that strong on a draw heavy board. J9, 79, JQ all could draw there.

unbendable
06-06-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question A, why'd you bet a gut shot on the flop and continue to bet it on the turn when you could easily be beat. You didn't have the nuts. His cold call can be more of a sign of strength than the reraise.

For instance, today, I have K7 in the BB, flop comes 976, checked around. Turn is a K. I bet 2 into a 2 dollar pot. River is a 2. I bet 2 this time. First of all I DIDN'T like the flop to begin with but I thought I should bet for value but could easily get away if the action got serious. Guy who cold called turn reraised to 5 which basically said I'm huge, a larger raise would have easily been questionable, then the SB c/rs for 8, and I say something to the effect of "did you 2 flop straights cause I have 2 pair" and easily muck my 2 pair. 5 dollar reraiser bets allin, and sb calls. 810 vs 45. Sometimes you have to know when your beat. A8 could have played the hand the same way but don't you think at some time he would have tried to protect his hand IE on the turn if he wasn't that strong on a draw heavy board. J9, 79, JQ all could draw there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this answer, you're right I did wrong bet on the flop. I just try to switch "aggrrrrression" lever into "on" position but I saw many times how dudes with set (when 2 of a set is on board) goes allin. In the long run - am I in money if I call allin with str8 on paired board??

capone0
06-06-2005, 12:09 PM
You didn't chance the bet either. I'd watch out if he cold calls you twice especially the small bets. You gotta increase the aggressiveness on the turn to see where the guy really is. Honestly 95% of the time if the guy just has the 8, he's going to reraise you at some point earlier than the river. Most people don't slow play them till the river cause they are easily beat. His hand, isn't easily beat, thus the slow play till the river. Repeated 1 dollar bets, make it look like you have an 8, and his hand looks like gold compared to your hand (potential 1 outter if you do have an 8).

soLit
06-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Unless there is preflop raising on a flop like this, i would recommend getting out on the flop to any aggression. If there was however a preflop raise, Then on this same flop i would keep playing aggressive if i were in the co/ or the button. But being first to act for a small pot with only 2 overs and a gutdraw for a small pot, i would rather wait for a better time to attack.

unbendable
06-06-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But being first to act for a small pot with only 2 overs and a gutdraw for a small pot, i would rather wait for a better time to attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, bad time to attack!

unbendable
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't chance the bet either. I'd watch out if he cold calls you twice especially the small bets. You gotta increase the aggressiveness on the turn to see where the guy really is. Honestly 95% of the time if the guy just has the 8, he's going to reraise you at some point earlier than the river. Most people don't slow play them till the river cause they are easily beat. His hand, isn't easily beat, thus the slow play till the river. Repeated 1 dollar bets, make it look like you have an 8, and his hand looks like gold compared to your hand (potential 1 outter if you do have an 8).

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man, agreed