PDA

View Full Version : Sanity check, every street.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

-Scott

stoxtrader
06-06-2005, 11:23 AM
your line is fine. a flop check is also fine.

for me, this hand, like most hands HU would be very very player dependant.

Paluka
06-06-2005, 11:24 AM
I like your play on every street.

highlife
06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
what did you make of his check-call on the flop?

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your line is fine. a flop check is also fine.

for me, this hand, like most hands HU would be very very player dependant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoulda mentioned player was unknown.

I like the flop bet because I often get to see both turn and river for the price of 1 small bet. If I check behind, he's going to be the turn about 100% of the time. Don't u think this is better?

Of course, the opposite side is if he check-raises the flop and bets the turn, it's then costing me more instead of less.

But against a guy who is going for the limp-RR, I think the flop bet is better as he has FPS.

-Scott

stoxtrader
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop bet because I often get to see both turn and river for the price of 1 small bet. If I check behind, he's going to be the turn about 100% of the time. Don't u think this is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, your line is better as a default. It is not better against someone who will bluff bet turn and river after you check flop. and against guys like that you aren't folding 2nd pair anyways, so a flop check is better because a flop bet gives you no info.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what did you make of his check-call on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. But I've seen the L/RR with many hands in this game, so its hard to put him on AA, although this is the first thing that comes to mind. But many players will just bet out here when they hit so the check can be EITHER strength or weakness.

And as I already mentioned, I thought my flop bet might get me a free card to try to hit my flush or 2 pair.

-Scott

ggbman
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
how about next time you want to post $30, call me for like 5 minutes, i'll have an intcing convo with you, and you can give me half of the $30 you posted. On a serious note, i am curious to as why people post 1/2 BB at this level, i would expect thats 1/3 of a good players expectaion per 100 hands here, right?

hockey1
06-06-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm surprised at the responses so far. Second pair decent kicker and the nut flush draw is a BIG hand. I don't think twice about betting this turn. If he calls then I probably check behind on the river unimproved, but even that is close.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Huh?

stoxtrader
06-06-2005, 11:47 AM
sure it's big, but do you make more by inducing bluffs?

hockey1
06-06-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sure it's big, but do you make more by inducing bluffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not on this board with position.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at the responses so far. Second pair decent kicker and the nut flush draw is a BIG hand. I don't think twice about betting this turn. If he calls then I probably check behind on the river unimproved, but even that is close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm behind to the three most popular limp-reraising hands, AA and KK and AK. So I have to seriously consider I may be way behind. Of course it is quite possible that he limp/RR with a much weaker hand as well.

But given the very reasonable chance I'm way behind and drawing, don't I want to try to get there as cheaply as possible?

-Scott

sfer
06-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Getting checkraised blows too. It's a pretty easy turn check. The only hand you want to fold that might fold is KQ.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting checkraised blows too. It's a pretty easy turn check. The only hand you want to fold that might fold is KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm sure its been done, I don't think I've ever seen a limp-reraise with KQ

-Scott

Chris Daddy Cool
06-06-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i find KQ is never folding here.

pokerjo22
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, i am curious to as why people post 1/2 BB at this level, i would expect thats 1/3 of a good players expectaion per 100 hands here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying that there's a higher expectation to posting in the BB than in the CO? For a 9-handed game its the same in raw BB/Hand, but by posting in the CO more of those hands are played in late position. Apologies if I misunderstand what you're getting at.

sfer
06-06-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i find KQ is never folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i WRoTe "miGHt."

PatJ
06-06-2005, 10:03 PM
The UTG caller might have planned the LRR all along. I wonder, though, if it'd be a common assumption that the CO poster/raiser is raising lightly and thus UTG would RR for value and to regain control of the hand.

JihadOnTheRiver
06-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Outside of the LRR fear, you know, this guy hasn't shown any true love for this pot. I have to bet the turn myself. Methinks you're ahead enough to validate it.

SoBeDude
06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Outside of the LRR fear, you know, this guy hasn't shown any true love for this pot. I have to bet the turn myself. Methinks you're ahead enough to validate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a WEAK hand is MORE likely to bet the flop than check-call it. I think the check smells of strength and waiting to check-raise the turn.

-Scott

JihadOnTheRiver
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the check smells of strength and waiting to check-raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Enough times to not bet? Even with your draw?

rigoletto
06-06-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that your bet will seldom be for value; a worse hand will often fold and a better will look you up.

DeeJ
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
I should try this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SoBeDude
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that your bet will seldom be for value; a worse hand will often fold and a better will look you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. Add that several of the better hands are raising as well, and it makes the draw expensive.