PDA

View Full Version : $40-$80 Borgata Hand

UMTerp
06-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Full table, most players seem to be regulars in the game. I’m an unknown to them and vice versa. The game overall is pretty laggy, but this particular hand is folded to me on the button, and I raise K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. One of the better players at the table calls from the SB, and the BB folds. He knows I’m capable of holding a pretty big range of hands here.

Flop comes 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks, I bet, he check-raises, I call.

Turn T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets, I call.

River 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He bets, I raise.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

IndieMatty
06-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I usually give them credit for Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something like that and just call the river.

Paluka
06-06-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually give them credit for Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something like that and just call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is throwing money away. If you plan on just calling the river when a heart comes, you better be putting in a lot more bets on the earlier streets.

Paluka
06-06-2005, 10:52 AM
I think you have to raise the turn here.

highlife
06-06-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, waiting till the river to raise looks alot like online autopilot play. By raising on the turn I believe you will get more bets in by the river on this hand.

UMTerp
06-06-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka, two questions:

Does the typical player still call down all the way with a hand like 44 - 99 if the river comes higher than a ten?

Do you still value bet your trips if he calls your turn bet and the baby heart falls on the river? I'd assume if you do, the pot's big enough to pay off a checkraise?

mab_nyc69
06-06-2005, 11:14 AM
i would have definitely raised the turn....looks like you have him beat at this point. Why then raise when the third heart hits if you werent capping or reraising earlier?

Paluka
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Paluka, two questions:

Does the typical player still call down all the way with a hand like 44 - 99 if the river comes higher than a ten?

Do you still value bet your trips if he calls your turn bet and the baby heart falls on the river? I'd assume if you do, the pot's big enough to pay off a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my online 40-80 and higher experience, yes and yes.

sfer
06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
His range is really wide and a lot of those hands will call a turn raise but not a river raise.

IndieMatty
06-06-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is throwing money away. If you plan on just calling the river when a heart comes, you better be putting in a lot more bets on the earlier streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread and realized he didn't raise the turn. Hey dood. Why no raise on the turn?

UMTerp
06-06-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I misread and realized he didn't raise the turn. Hey dood. Why no raise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted him to be able to bluff another street.

That was basically the crux of my question though I guess - is the raise better placed at the turn or the river on this board and why?

Paluka
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted him to be able to bluff another street.

That was basically the crux of my question though I guess - is the raise better placed at the turn or the river on this board and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush draw it the obvious reason.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-06-2005, 01:08 PM
raise the turn. he may decide to just checkcall you on the river, but many players would still call down a raise on the turn.

UMTerp
06-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Welp, I guess my question was answered then - it's almost unanimous for raising the turn. If the board was four suits, I could probably justify waiting another street a little more.

As it turned out, he thought for a second or two, called the river raise, and MHIG. Said he had 99, and I have no reason not to believe him. I'd have more than likely won the same amount in this particular hand no matter where I placed my raise, but I'll keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for all the replies.