PDA

View Full Version : Flop Decision

andyfox
01-01-2003, 11:30 PM
He's in the big blind playing 30-60 in a 4-person game (I'm working on both my 3rd person and 4-person prose.) The pre-flop action goes raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call-raise-call. He has pocket Queens, both red, which he suspects is the biggest pair at the table, and an autographed picture of the waitress, who has a thing for John Cole, with the blessing of Rick Nebiolo, and who also happens to be married to the brother-in-law of the dealer's cousin's ex-wife's accountant.

He has only $30 left in front of him after the pre-flop madness; he had decided to play instead of going home because I'm an idiot. The flop hits the table, but before the dealer can turn over the cards, the waitress delivers his Jack Daniels, bending over just far enough to show who really has the biggest pair. She inquires if anyone knows the capital of West Virginia. The big blind answers "Albany," the cut-off says, "Baghdad," and the button replies, "I'll take Manhattan for $200, Alex,"

The flop is Qs-Qc-Qd, giving him 4 queens with a queen kicker. The small blind disgustedly folds his pocket queens face up and announces he'd like to stiff the waitress for a month or two or more, if possible. Hero turns over the Qh and bets his last $30, forgetting to announce he's all in. The waitress is patiently waiting for a tip or two and asks, "That's too many queens isn't it?" Cut-off says "no," button says, "Baghdad." The dealer, who's really a woman, says "Four queens bets $30 and I'm treating for dinner."

Question: Who did it, with what weapon, and in what room?

[sorry, Tommy]

mike l.
01-01-2003, 11:41 PM
ill take $240 on colonel mustard in the billiard
room at -120.

but objectively speaking: at least 8 Qs, 4 handed, chips flying everywhere... you were playing $10 panguinee man!

brad
01-02-2003, 04:14 PM
'he had decided to play instead of going home because I'm an idiot'

i went home one night because the floorman, who brothers and sisters had none, this other guys father was this guys son, and anyway i thought he was an idiot, (maybe inbreeding ?)

and besides that i wanted to stalk a cute waitress who was getting off work and i had tipped her so much i figured she was due to get stiffed.