PDA

View Full Version : i dont raise for a free showdown much..

billyjex
06-06-2005, 04:32 AM
but here ya go. villian is a 39/9/1.2 guy. i dont take him as a good player but he is capable of strange bets and donkiness.

i dont know if this was really just an anger raise. i am down nearly 100bb in the last hour.

i have been getting donkbetted so goddamn much..

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

RunDownHouse
06-06-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know if this was really just an anger raise. i am down nearly 100bb in the last hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quit.

billyjex
06-06-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i did shortly after.

but just take the hand as a regular play.

Jeff W
06-06-2005, 08:12 AM
No sir, I don't like it.

If he makes a lot of stupid bets, then I would like to let him make another one on the river instead of opening myself up to losing 3-bets when I am behind now or he improves on the river(i.e. Action goes T: Bet, raise, call. R: Bet, call).

spamuell
06-06-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No sir, I don't like it.

If he makes a lot of stupid bets, then I would like to let him make another one on the river instead of opening myself up to losing 3-bets when I am behind now or he improves on the river(i.e. Action goes T: Bet, raise, call. R: Bet, call).

[/ QUOTE ]

But he'll probably call the turn raise with two unpaired cards more often than he bets the river as a bluff. And if he folds to the turn raise, that's fine too.

It's not like you lose much if you are 3-bet on the turn, you only have 2 outs at most and might be drawing dead and the pot is small.

And if your opponent bets the river after you raise the turn, I think it's an easy fold, who bluffs there?

I think raising the turn is better, unless your opponent is liable to 3-bet with a flush draw or a complete bluff (which is really unlikely) and then I agree with you.

Jeff W
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And if your opponent bets the river after you raise the turn, I think it's an easy fold, who bluffs there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Players who are "capable of strange bets and donkiness".

I agree that if you are 3-bet on turn, you have an easy fold. My main concern is with the stop&amp;go possibility.

spamuell
06-06-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players who are "capable of strange bets and donkiness".

I agree that if you are 3-bet on turn, you have an easy fold. My main concern is with the stop&amp;go possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just always assume that someone who is donkbetting the river after I raised the turn isn't bluffing (unless I've raised the turn and folded to a river bet recently). I thought even players who make strange bets don't do this, do you think I'm wrong?

billyjex
06-06-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah, my thinking went:

i'm going to try and rep that i have a 5. hopefully i would get him to fold his six outs; if he didnt fold, i charged him a little more. if he had a T or picks up a pair on the river he most likely will still check to me because he's scared of a 5 so it would cost me the same as calling down anyways.

I can see the concern for a stop &amp; go on the river, I'm not sure if I would have folded or called. I didn't really think about that during the hand.

also, it's an easy fold to a 3-bet, because i would wager i'm drawing dead.

anywhoo, villian shows 76 and MHIG.