PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want this?

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:25 AM
I bought this MP3 player last weekend and don't like it. It is a Samsung YH-925, barely used. Retails on Ebay for 250, 300 in store. I'd send it to ya shipped for 190 NeTeller.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/rb3000/5e_2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/rb3000/87_1_b.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/rb3000/b2c_m_yh925.jpg

Clarkmeister
06-06-2005, 04:27 AM
I'll go 15 bucks.

Inthacup
06-06-2005, 04:30 AM

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 04:32 AM
$100. Why don't you like it?

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:32 AM
$15 gets you this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/rb3000/b3_1_b.jpg

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Cmon people we're talkin HIGH DEFINITION LCD SCREEN here.

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:40 AM
[/ QUOTE ]
$100. Why don't you like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is primarily based around the Napster software. You can still use all of your music (even old/pirated songs unlike Ipod) , and the interface is actually really sharp and clean but I HATE Napster and refuse to use it. You can also use other sources (WMP, etc.) to transfer but I think it is a pain in the ass. All said, I'd rather get an Iriver.

Reef
06-06-2005, 04:40 AM
$190 transactions via OOT... -EV

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Ipod lets you use old pirated songs, no problem. I don't know why you think it doesn't.

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ipod lets you use old pirated songs, no problem. I don't know why you think it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told the 4th gen Ipods only let you use legally downloaded songs??

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$190 transactions via OOT with GrandmaStabone ... +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is not the case I will look into them because I like their interface. The guy in Best Buy actually told me that and recommended the Samsung...?

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is not the case I will look into them because I like their interface. The guy in Best Buy actually told me that and recommended the Samsung...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it. If this is true then it's limiting it to songs you download from Itunes. And I can't believe Apple would be that dumb. The Ipod itself has no way of telling whether your Metallica Black album songs are ripped from a CD you own or from a CD you don't own, or whether you downloaded them off Kazaa.

And I wouldn't listen to Best Buy employees. Most of them have no clue what they are talking about.

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it. If this is true then it's limiting it to songs you download from Itunes. And I can't believe Apple would be that dumb. The Ipod itself has no way of telling whether your Metallica Black album songs are ripped from a CD you own or from a CD you don't own.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I said. The guy told me that the new, legal downloads have copyright encryption on them that is recognizable by software like MP3 players.

Then again, maybe he is a pathological liar.

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it. If this is true then it's limiting it to songs you download from Itunes. And I can't believe Apple would be that dumb. The Ipod itself has no way of telling whether your Metallica Black album songs are ripped from a CD you own or from a CD you don't own.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I said. The guy told me that the new, legal downloads have copyright encryption on them that is recognizable by software like MP3 players.

Then again, maybe he is a pathological liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is confusing me.

Yes, the songs you download from Itunes are encrypted and protected. But the Ipod can also play lots of other songs. I don't have a fourth generation Ipod, just a second generation one. I have 5200 songs on it, and 5000 of them are pirated(from Kazaa, Ares, etc.). I have maybe 40 from the Itunes music store and the other 160 are ripped from my CDs.

I think he was feeding you a load of bullshit.

DBowling
06-06-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a 4gen ipod and the best buy guy is a liar

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a 4gen ipod and the best buy guy is a liar

[/ QUOTE ]

The only solution to this is to complain to the management. It won't do any good though. They make a concerted effort to find the most incompetent electronics employees.

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Bump

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 02:03 PM
My offer of $100 still stands. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

swede123
06-06-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They make a concerted effort to find the most incompetent electronics employees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack, but this is so true. Every freaking time I go to Best Buy/Circuit City/Whatever I end up having to teach the moron there about electronics. It doesn't matter if it's computer stuff, audio or video, for the most part they will be clueless about all of it. Seriously, if you want quality advice when it comes to this kind of stuff either go to a specialized store or do some research on the Internet.

Swede

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 02:05 PM

Alobar
06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, this is obviously retarded. Even songs you steal came from a legitimate source (a real CD), so even if there is copyright protection, its still going to have it. Sending a file over kazzaa or whatever, isnt going to somewhow change the file. Its not like pirated music is coming from some east asian street corner thats just a knockoff and really a analog recording made with a tape recorder of the song being played on a stereo.

Alobar
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They make a concerted effort to find the most incompetent electronics employees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack, but this is so true.
Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

hijack away, this is a retarded post anyway and im suprised it hasnt been deleted yet

GrandmaStabone
06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, this is obviously retarded. Even songs you steal came from a legitimate source (a real CD), so even if there is copyright protection, its still going to have it. Sending a file over kazzaa or whatever, isnt going to somewhow change the file. Its not like pirated music is coming from some east asian street corner thats just a knockoff and really a analog recording made with a tape recorder of the song being played on a stereo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kinda makes me mad then because I went SPECIFICALLY to buy an Ipod and douchebag talked me out of it with this claim. SO now I have an opened MP3 player with no receipt and I will end up losing about $130 on the deal when all is said and done.

Alobar
06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This kinda makes me mad then because I went SPECIFICALLY to buy an Ipod and douchebag talked me out of it with this claim. SO now I have an opened MP3 player with no receipt and I will end up losing about $130 on the deal when all is said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long ago did you buy it? Just take it back to best buy, tell the stupid return lady the story, if she gives you flack, ask to speak to the manager, then tell him you want ot return this item because one of his employees game you misinformation and you want to exchange it for what you really want.

Make sure and reiterate many times that it was one of his rearded employees that caused you to buy the wrong thing.

I estimate chance at success to be around 80%

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree with Alobar's idea. Best Buy does have shitty employees, but they are very amenable about returns and stuff.

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, no offense to you, but I am wary about sending money to someone who has not been here that long(ironic I know). If I agree to your asking price, would you be willing to let me send my money to someone trustworthy like Dynasty, and then once I receive the product in good condition, he will give you the money? I don't even know if Dynasty would agree to help out with something like this, but I just don't want to get burned like Granny Mae did.

jackdaniels
06-06-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how long ago did you buy it? Just take it back to best buy, tell the stupid return lady the story, if she gives you flack, ask to speak to the manager, then tell him you want ot return this item because one of his employees game you misinformation and you want to exchange it for what you really want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, claiming the store clerk misled you on the illeagal potential for playing stolen music on an Ipod is a sure way to get your money back...

Find something else you don't like about it and complain the store clerk misinformed you about THAT.

Alternatively, sell it to a fellow OOT'er at a discounted rate - oh, thats what you were doing already... never mind.

BusterStacks
best buy keeps your purchases in the computer. they will take it back if you make a fuss.

Alobar
just him him throw up a buy it now auction on ebay, then pay for it with paypal, then you are protected from him shafting you. The juice he loses to ebay is made up for by the fact it doesnt have to get double shipped, and you donthave to hassle some 3rd party like dynasty to play escrow service.

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 02:39 PM
That's a good idea, Alobar.

Can you elaborate more on the protection Ebay offers? I do have an Ebay account, but I am just curious as to how they would recompense me if I did get shafted(not that I think I will).

Alobar
06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a good idea, Alobar.

Can you elaborate more on the protection Ebay offers? I do have an Ebay account, but I am just curious as to how they would recompense me if I did get shafted(not that I think I will).

[/ QUOTE ]

iv enever had to use it, but my understanding is it works like this. If you buy something from ebay, pay for it using paypal, and then the ahole doesnt send you the item, you get your money back. Ebay owns paypal. And to sell something on ebay thay have your bank info.

chaas4747
06-06-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeating of course.

swede123
06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]