PDA

View Full Version : Stop and go with JJ

Vagrant
06-06-2005, 03:35 AM
The villan in this hand is the epidemy of maniac, he played 70% of hands raised 45% and would at times reraise with nothing at all. In this hand I definately couldnt fold even with his aggression with 2 overcards on board. But I didnt want to 4 bet every round either. Instead I chose to bet out, let him reraise and then call as I thought there was a good chance I did have the best hand and didnt want to just check call down. I am in the bb by the way, Thoughts on this play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 03:37 AM
I like it.

irishpint
06-06-2005, 03:43 AM
with your read i think it's alright.

therockofgibraltar
06-06-2005, 03:43 AM
If he really is maniac you played it fine IMO

FlopMe
06-06-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm check-calling the turn and river here with two overcards on the board against a maniac.

moot
06-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Even maniacs get 2 cards and there are a lot of very weak hands he could still have that are really hurting you. I'd probably just check call the turn and river. Especially if he's more likely to raise preflop with Kx and Qx hands over hands like 73 or 94.

Though I suppose I like the turn bet if we're worried he might check behind us when we have the better hand (for instance, letting him have a free card when he holds an Ax hand would be a big mistake).

Vagrant
06-06-2005, 04:19 AM
This guy was a mad man!! In this hand he had 87h.

moot
06-06-2005, 04:23 AM
Well then it's a good thing you didn't give him the chance to take a free card on the turn (not that he would have).

I suppose this all depends on your reads and just how much of a maniac you feel he is. Unless he's super crazy (and I suppose he might be) I'd still be pretty apt to check-call the river, but I don't mind your line.

SoftcoreRevolt
06-06-2005, 04:24 AM
I like it, and have played hands in the same way in the past. We can assume he doesn't have AK or AQ right now, since a maniac is 3 betting with these hands. I think we are ahead of the range of hands he has here. (A High, K high, maybe Q high, any pocket, two hearts. maybe some odd straight draw as well. Let's just assume he doesn't have a 9. We can also discount a lot of the stronger Queens and Kings because a maniac is probably capping AK, KQ, AQ, KJ, QJ, etc.) If we go to war on the flop or turn he's liable to give up. This way he donks about as much as possible, I think.