PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Turn Decision

Malachii
06-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Morongo 3/6

My impression of the SB is that he's a fairly standard player. He's not especially tricky, he has reasonably solid preflop requirements. However, this read must be tempered by the fact that I have only been observing him for one or two rounds around the table.

Hero is in the cutoff with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
4 limpers, Hero raises, SB calls, everyone calls

(12 small bets)
Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Everyone checks to Hero. I bet. SB takes a moment to think, and then calls. Two others call.

(8 big bets)
River is a K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Everyone checks to Hero, Hero bets, SB checkraises, everyone folds back to me. What's my move?

pokergrader
06-06-2005, 02:50 AM
At morongo I've seen all sorts of players, but the one thing I've noticed is that other than the insane manaics or complete beginners (around 20-30% of morongo 3/6 players), whenever you are raised it is a pretty good indication you are beat.

Without a read, I think you can fold this thinking AK, KK (with flop acting) or KQ-KT.

Malachii
06-06-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At morongo I've seen all sorts of players, but the one thing I've noticed is that other than the insane manaics or complete beginners (around 20-30% of morongo 3/6 players), whenever you are raised it is a pretty good indication you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed this at Commerce as well.

SavageMiser
06-06-2005, 03:02 AM
I don't think a "standard player" would check-raise into three players without having you beat. My brain says fold, but I can easily see my hands throwing in those chips.

toss
06-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Is Morongo 18+? I've been meaning to go there and play some B&M for a change.

Malachii
06-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Yes. Very soft games. Great place to break in.