PDA

View Full Version : Human compassion will destroy the world. It is inevitable.

Eihli
06-06-2005, 02:07 AM
I think compassion is the right word. Maybe I mean self-compassion. Is that a word? Anyway, I think you all know what I'm talking about. And it's a sad truth, but finding a new safe energy source and protecting the ozone etc won't change anything. Our only hope is that some giant brains from the brain planet will whipe out all conciousness.

CardSharpCook
06-06-2005, 02:10 AM
are you drunk? You make no sense. And no, compassion is a feeling that can only be directed outwards.

BusterStacks
06-06-2005, 02:17 AM
you are on drugs.

think before posting.

PoBoy321
06-06-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not. He never figured out how to get beer before he's 21.

Popinjay
06-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I think you might be referring to what Nietzsche would call Socratic optimism. That is, believing through our own reason we can solve the problems of humanity. This is flawed for Nietzsche because it leads to the false thinking that human consciousness can create truth in this world. Eventually subjectivity and the non-artist become far too prevalent which in turn brings destruction and war.

Thythe
06-06-2005, 02:22 AM
The human consciousness can create truth. Just think of 1984. If you think that you do some event and an observer believes that he saw that event, then the thing happens.