PDA

View Full Version : Should I play EVENT #5 $1500 Omaha H/L?

diddle
06-06-2005, 02:03 AM
playing tournament omaha H/L is like watching someone else watch paint dry. Each hand takes 5 minutes to play/deal out and you have to fold preflop 80% of the time.

I vowed to never play it again.

Nevertheless, I am a winner at this stupid game.

I am already in Vegas and will be playing event #6 ($2500 NL 6 max) on Tuesday. So my Monday is wide open.

Either play event #5 or go see Lords of Dogtown and read a book. Which will it be?

Truck II
06-06-2005, 03:05 AM
My goal as an O-8 player is to eventually enter this tournament, so please do it and then report back. Thanks much.

Dynasty
06-06-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Either play event #5 or go see Lords of Dogtown and read a book. Which will it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't going to enjoy the tournament, I'd suggest you don't play.

Why can't you play some cash games?

diddle
06-06-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't going to enjoy the tournament, I'd suggest you don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. However, I need to make a run at the POY points race. Currently I have 0 points after 3 events.

Cash games? Maybe.

Board sentiment seems to point towards playing at the Wynn. Any comments? I'd probably be playing 10-20NL or 80-160

chuddo
06-06-2005, 04:18 AM
read a book whilst playing the wsop event. i suggest some david sedaris, augusten burroughs, or dave eggers.

henrikrh
06-06-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for the love of god don't god see Lords of Dogtown, rent 'Dogtown and Z-boys' instead, this movie looks like a rip-off hollywood cash-in.

Play the event, let's get some trip reports that arn't about one of the million billion hold'em events.

kutuz_off
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read a book whilst playing the wsop event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's great advice. Limit Omaha/8 is pretty mechanical game anyway, as I understand. Read something very funny, so that your occasional bursts of mad laughter disturb everyone around you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

goofball
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
They've had 60/120 consistnetly the last few nights.

Saturday (or friday) they had a 100/200 game going that looked fabulous.

Muisyle
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well for the love of god don't god see Lords of Dogtown, rent 'Dogtown and Z-boys' instead, this movie looks like a rip-off hollywood cash-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogtown and Z-boys is a documentary, Lords of Dogtown is a semi-fictionalized movie version of the documentary. The movie is written by Stacy Peralta. Is he ripping himself off?