PDA

View Full Version : Ugly virus, silly girlfriend, need help!

wall_st
06-06-2005, 01:38 AM
My girlfriend got a message from support@youremailprovider.com and of course opened it up on my computer then unzipped it and you know the rest of the story.

Anyways Ive noticed it has already cause some issues and am looking for someway to resolve the problem. I have spybot and hijack this. Spybot did not fix the problem. I created a log file with hijack this, but I am not quite sure where to post this thing at where I can get a good response (have already posted at a few sites, but no forthcoming info). Any good websites as to where to post my log file and get help or where I can get rid of this stupid virus would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

csuf_gambler
06-06-2005, 01:42 AM
when i first read the title, i thought it said "ugly girlfriend, silly virus".

Thythe
06-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Post your log here: http://castlecops.com/forumx67-0-50.html

wall_st
06-06-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when i first read the title, i thought it said "ugly girlfriend, silly virus".

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that post goes in OOT, but also uses the phrase "pooper" a lot.

Mike Haven
06-06-2005, 05:03 AM
This information (http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM%5FMYTOB%2EAR&VSect=Sn) may help.

Equal
06-06-2005, 06:19 AM
I got great help with my HJ this logs on bleepingcomputer.com. Highly recommended.

FouTight
06-06-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend got a message from support@youremailprovider.com and of course opened it up on my computer then unzipped it and you know the rest of the story.

Anyways Ive noticed it has already cause some issues and am looking for someway to resolve the problem. I have spybot and hijack this. Spybot did not fix the problem. I created a log file with hijack this, but I am not quite sure where to post this thing at where I can get a good response (have already posted at a few sites, but no forthcoming info). Any good websites as to where to post my log file and get help or where I can get rid of this stupid virus would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

3 easy steps to fix this problem.

1) Format
2) reinstall
3) Dump her dumb ass

kutuz_off
06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
You should be wary of entering any passwords until you resolve the problem. It could be keylogging.

krimson
06-06-2005, 12:25 PM
My GF did this to me too. She got some email from her friend that had a program that makes a cat dance around your screen. Sure enough, the cute kitty took a dump all over my computer.

I would recommend a full reformat incase of keyloggers.

silkyslim
06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
put a password on your computers and dont let any girls use it. A little knowledge is dangerous

LetYouDown
06-06-2005, 01:05 PM
At least you don't have a silly virus and an ugly girlfriend.

tinga81
06-06-2005, 01:08 PM
it's obvious that the virus is smarter than your girlfriend .. maybe it's time to re-evaluate your relationship.

CourtesyFlush
06-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Just curious but is your email provider Roadrunner?

OldYoda
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Go over to the security forum on dslreports.com. Best help on the net for this sort of thing.

prrthd
06-06-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This information (http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM%5FMYTOB%2EAR&VSect=Sn) may help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike is right it is a Mytob varient. Should be able to manually clean it up without too much trouble.

AggieAce
06-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm so stupid, I think I just got a virus. When I start up my computer it says that a virus is detected and asks me to run virus scanner. I ran it and didnt find anything. How do you format your HD? never done that before. PLEASE can someone PM me or post it here in a way that it's humaly impossible for me to screw it up. Thanks alot.

kdog
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least you don't have a silly virus and an ugly girlfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he does. To borrow another term from OOT...."This thread is useless without pics."