PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 party

Cactus Cactus
06-06-2005, 01:02 AM
3 handed: Hero is on the button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
He raises, SB 3 bets who is a solid player a little on the agressive side. BB folds, hero calls

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets? Hero...???

wheelz
06-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Ugh. I suppose you have to peel the flop, then fold the turn UI.

clownshoes
06-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Raise if you think he would give you a free card otherwise I think I would call and fold turn UI

Cactus Cactus
06-06-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I suppose you have to peel the flop, then fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason just talked about a hand where it was folded to the SB, he called in the big blind with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. flop was T9K, the SB bet and he called. So someone asked him, why would you call a gut shot on odds of 1:5 and the answer is that the guy could check turn, mason could check getting 2 cards, or bet and bluff.

However what I am trying to state is that if you call a flop bet, almost i'd say 95% of the time in a situation like this where you get 3 bet you know a turn bet is coming. So given that is it really worth it to call even 1 knowing that he'll for sure bet turn again, and not sure if you A is a out (against AK) or a 7 is a out (against JJ)

But what you can beat is KQ, KJ, and some other garbage players raise on. Do you call turn? and drop on the river? What do you guys think about that?

But- calling flop I can't see how that is correct, I've been folding on the flop, and I just feel like I am giving up too much. Should I go further with it?

tongni
06-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Don't discount the fact that you are ahead of KQ and may be able to fold a hand out on the turn that is ahead of you or that you would split with, for example the K hearts hits on turn, you raise and he folds 55.

stripsqueez
06-06-2005, 04:13 AM
if a solid player 3 bets you then you are beat a lot of the time - i like folding to the flop bet - i might of capped pre-flop or i might call the flop fairly certain i am going to raise the turn - i dont like calling a flop bet in this spot when i cant hit a card that will cause me to raise the turn because i'm in front

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

danng721
06-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I think I'd cap this PF, as SB could easily be putting you on a steal. This makes your decision alot easier as anything you beat, the SB would usually fold on the flop or turn, and if he beats you, he'll let you know pretty fast.