PDA

View Full Version : Level 6, KQ call from BB?

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t955)
SB (t2490)
Hero (t1075)
UTG (t1330)
MP (t2150)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1075 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t75.

Flop: (t2150) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2150) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2150) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2150

<font color="blue"> Can't decide if this is correct, any thoughts? </font>

bluefeet
06-06-2005, 01:07 AM
i would have done exactly this

chisness
06-06-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree. You're in bad shape in the tourney and are likely to be in a dominating or coin flip situation (or near coin flip situation). If I'm SB, my range of pushing is quite wide and quite dominated by your nice BB holding.

curtains
06-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Folding here would be terrible.

lastchance
06-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I think this is pretty easy. Too many chips in the pot to lay this one down.

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 01:47 AM
With the size of SB's stack, doesn't that narrow his hand range? Or am I thinking about this backwards?

1C5
06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Folding here would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

curtains
06-06-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With the size of SB's stack, doesn't that narrow his hand range? Or am I thinking about this backwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

In most games I would move allin with any 2, especially lower buyins where people curl up into a shell around the bubble. Do you realize how ridiculously +EV it would be for the SB to push with 32o if you are going to fold a hand as strong as KQo. If I knew my opponent would even consider folding a hand like KQo here, I would move allin in a flash with anything.

Phil Van Sexton
06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Admit it Curtains, you would stop-and-go here.

curtains
06-06-2005, 04:57 PM
lol

MentalCombat
06-06-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Admit it Curtains, you would stop-and-go here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I think you made the right move. What are the chances you are going to get a better hand before you blind out if you fold here...

RobGW
06-06-2005, 05:12 PM
You are in rough shape. Now is not the time overthink things and make big laydowns. You need to double up. KQ isn't a great hand but it is good enough given your situation. Folding here would leave you only $700 with the blinds at $300. You'll have no further FE. You'll need to win in a showdown and its likely it will have to be with a lesser hand than KQ. Not to mention you are getting almost 2:1 on the call.

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most games I would move allin with any 2, especially lower buyins where people curl up into a shell around the bubble. Do you realize how ridiculously +EV it would be for the SB to push with 32o if you are going to fold a hand as strong as KQo. If I knew my opponent would even consider folding a hand like KQo here, I would move allin in a flash with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess villain thinks like you do. He pushed with 67o. I was surprised to see this, as I would not likely push from SB here.

Myst
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Scuba, whats your name on Party so that I can push any two into your BB??

lastchance
06-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't think I'd push 67o here, partly because people call too much at my levels, but even then I'm definitely pushing a range KQ has completely pwned.

Any Ace, Any king, a bunch of queens, including all of the suited ones, a ton of suited connectors and one gappers, any PP.

I think not pushing at least that is horrible.

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SGA Results:

EV to Push: +4.9%
EV to Call: +8.4%

Man, I'm really not considering how much value those dead chips have vs. my measley remaining chips.

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum hand value you'd have to have to call here? Opinion?

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Party name is myst.

curtains
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess villain thinks like you do. He pushed with 67o. I was surprised to see this, as I would not likely push from SB here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wouldn't push with 76o here you are probably playing way too passively at the end of these tournaments or haven't worked out the math towards pushing in these spots against typical opposition.

1C5
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing some good chances to take chips then sometimes.