PDA

View Full Version : ITM call

Nottom
06-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Party 100

Big Stack has 6K
Me and the other Guy have about 2K each (I have him covered by about 70 chips)

Both players seem pretty decent.

Blinds are 250/500

Big Stack folds
SB pushes
I have J9o and call.

Thoughts?

Bigwig
06-06-2005, 12:44 AM
You call wit J high!!!

If you think he'll push any 2 (which is certainly possible), it's not bad. I both options are acceptable.

This would be a good one for Eastbay's tool.

TStokes
06-06-2005, 12:45 AM
I am not positive what I would do but im pretty sure that sb is pushing any 2 here. I think that I am leaning towards calling as well. Have you run the ICM numbers?

Nottom
06-06-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not positive what I would do but im pretty sure that sb is pushing any 2 here. I think that I am leaning towards calling as well. Have you run the ICM numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have ... just wondering what other people would do in the heat of the moment during a SNG.

smcannon
06-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Nah, seeing the flop would have been cool. But I'm not going to call against that unless he seems to be constantly raising and sucking your blinds up. Then this would be an okay hand for me to make a stand.

chisness
06-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Results from eastbay's tool:

Random hand:
-EV Fold: 27.5%
-EV Call: 29.8%
-EV Diff: +2.3%
-Win% : 53.3%

The big blind's tightness is also a consideration. If he's tight, folding then pushing into him is probably best. You still have good FE with a 3x raise next hand. Of course a read on the small blind is also helpful here. With no reads at all (since the $100 players are probably fairly smart) I think a call is in order.

In the $30s and lower, I wonder if players being worse would make folding better since they'd be more likely to have a decent hand than a random one (I think).

Nottom
06-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Reads for those that want them:
We have only been ITM for maybe 5 hands.

I was the chip leader with 2 tiny stacks around until 1 hand before the bubble popped so that probablt contained a lot of the SBs aggression. He stole my BB right before the bubble popped and stole it the 1 time hes had the chance ITM.

The big stack seems ok but maybe a tad on the tight side, he let me steal with 3BB last orbit, but I don't think hes going to put up with it for long. I'd say I might steal successfully about 15% of the time next hand.

curtains
06-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Tough situation...I believe I'd fold, but I could easily be wrong and have called in very similar situations. I mean you still have very signifigant chances of not finishing 3rd even if the SB wins.

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I disagree that villain would push any two. I will agree on TOP 70% of hands. Folding leaves you ~1500. If you're out next hand, that's ~1250.

That's a tough call. I see where you're thinking. I know in the heat of the battle, I'd sigh and fold. Don't know if that's right.

Scuba

curtains
06-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Holy crap very very easy call....sorry I misread hand.

TStokes
06-06-2005, 02:14 AM
What did you think was going on at first? Just wondering what really changed it for you.

curtains
06-06-2005, 02:27 AM
I thought button went allin and SB called...in which I case I said I'd fold.