PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q: How many bugs is too many...

JacksonTens
06-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I've been playing triple draw a little lately. I like it, but one problem is the reduced rate of hands per hour. One thing I love is bugs. Usually it's two of them in there but I've been experimenting with more in home games, sometimes four. What do you guys think? Any other game you think bugs could be better in.

P.S The reason I enjoy bugs is that it provides more action, and more action gives better players an even bigger advantage.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

fnord_too
06-06-2005, 08:11 AM
In tripple draw I think 1 is too many, but I have not played with them so that is just a first impression. I think without a bug you need a 1 card draw to continue on the first round, so I think bugs would reduce the number of hands I could play, but again I would really need to do some analysis to back that up. With two or more I think you just have to go into rock mode, and what fun is that. Also, it increases the luck factor I am pretty sure, and the extra outs make chasing less incorrect or possibly even correct in a lot of situations where people chase.