PDA

View Full Version : Please evalute this QT play

SonOfWestwood
06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
SB is a fishy, calling station. Over 65 VPIP and calling down if she's got any part of the board. Raises with things like Ax & big suited cards on up. She's basically the reason I'm at this table.

I know QTc isn't anything great, but I'm trying to expand the range of hands I play, especially when in position. Plus, I want to be in as many hands with her as possible.

All comments appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($25.95)
SB ($15.35)
BB ($20.77)
UTG ($27.35)
UTG+1 ($26.3)
MP1 ($29.5)
MP2 ($26.45)
CO ($49)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $2, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($6) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

River: ($14) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $19.45 (All-In), SB calls $3.85 (All-In).

Final Pot: $42.30

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ks Kd (full house, kings full of queens).
Hero has Tc Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins $31.70. Hero wins $10.60. </font>

stu-unger
06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
u should be asking youself this question . why would the sb check/call, check/call, bet. the villain check calls the bet and raise on the flop even though this is really not that big of a bet, u should begin to wonder what hands would do this in that spot. the turn pairs the board and again the villain checks, u bet out with your set i assume u put him on a draw or a king and get called down again. then on the river he bets into u with a nice sized bet, this should set sirens off in your head no matter how fishy your opponent is. this is where i think u made your error, u need to call with trips on a paired board and not push no matter how big the fish if u get called u r smoked.

SonOfWestwood
06-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Do you think I had to call the river bet?

The re-raise was foolish. I looked at it as, "Hey, she's only got 3.85 left and she's a fish so let's just take it all," instead of what you mentioned, check/call twice, and now a $5 bet while leaving only 3.85...

Looks like I'm the fish...

Rockatansky
06-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I think a good argument can be made for just peeling one off on the flop rather than raising MP's flop bet. You have backdoor straight and flush draws on a relatively drawless board. Another card is more likely to help, rather than hurt you.

Calling the river bet isn't awful, but as stu said, SB suddenly waking up on the river should give you pause.

Izenra
06-06-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Calling the river bet isn't awful, but as stu said, SB suddenly waking up on the river should give you pause.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your experience, does the " waking-up" of a fish on river often/usually means monster?

DoubleDown
06-06-2005, 01:04 AM
SB's cold call of your re-raise should have worried you a little - i'd be thinking AA or set could be lurking (possibly AK- but i think AK would either bet out or C/R)

following the check/call i think you can safely assume that you're either way ahead or way behind

against a random opponent i don't think a river raise gets called by any hand that you beat --- except for perhaps an AA/AK who gets married to their hand ... but in this instance i think a raise is fine as villain has called down previously with "any piece of the board." if she's likely to call AK AA JJ etc here - i think the raise is probably good

Edit: just realized how little villain had left in stack on the river - raise/no raise; it probably doesn't matter ... but if she were deeper stacked then its obv. more important

oh and Raise Pre-Flop

nietzreznor
06-06-2005, 01:20 AM
The problem is I cannot think of anything you are ahead of on the river. Villain certainly looks like he has a big hand, due to the fact that he raised preflop, then cold-called your flop reraise. On the off-chance that he had two diamonds (something like AKd), he's got you beat too. I mean, if he had a lone K, and called your flop raise, then check-called the turn, why would he lead out the river? It isn't like this could really be a blocking bet either, since he has so little behind he's pretty much committed.