PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defense

iluzion
06-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the most imporant thing, reads. CO is a TAG, and I prolly have the table image of a TAG, so I take his initial raise as a blind steal attempt, and maybe he takes my 3bet as fighting back without much of a hand?

toss
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
His capping implies something like AJ, AQ, maybe KQs and up. 77 or 88+ too. Your hand looks good so far.

DarkForceRising
06-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Situations like this are giving me fits. When the game is characterized by loose multi-way action do you favor passing on getting too deeply involved with blind play? It seems like I just spew away here.

iluzion
06-06-2005, 12:05 PM
I've got one for good and one for bad, any others?

brettbrettr
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
So long as that's the last bet you put into the pot I think its fine. Unless of course a nine falls on the turn.

I havent' played 2/4 in a while but from what I remember, wait, I don't remember ANY blind steal situations. Find a better table.

meep_42
06-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm on the bad side. Especially at 2/4, I find most TAGs are lowering their raising standards here, but not lowering their capping standards very much.

I don't think he's folding on the flop here, and it's likely to be raised, either on a bluff or with the goods. I cannot think of a real good reason to bet here. Also, any A,Q,J on the turn makes your hand a loser the large majority of the time.

If I insisted on going on, i'd check-call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn, leaning towards a donkbet or check-fold.

-d

chief444
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
What's the plan from here? Because it wouldn't surprise me if you're raised by pretty much anything within CO's capping range here so I think bet/fold is a wasted SB. I'd prefer check/call and see what the turn brings. You're probably too likely to be ahead yet to check/fold. The only hand CO is folding for one SB is a worse pocket pair.

jstewsmole
06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I gotta go with meep on this.
I dont find many 2/4 people capping with anything less than monsters ( unless there wreckless donks) that often. Also like brett said if this sort of thing is happening often at a 2/4 there are definately better tables u should be playing at (weaker).