PDA

View Full Version : Hand History Pairings

MarkL444
06-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Heres the pairings along with the games everyone is playing.

MarkL444 200/400 6 max
Bukem_ 400/1k 6 max

mosuavea 25 6 max
ibankonu 25 6 max

maulik 100 full
gustavo 50/100 full

amoeba 100 6 max
theworstplayer 100 6 max (?)

wtfsui 100 6 max
swedeD 100 6 max

krazyace 50 6 max
dov 50 6 max

nietzreznor 25 6 max
riverfenix 25/50 6 max

blackwolf 25/50 full
DJ Sensei 25/50 full

Lets just do 200 hands for now, sound good?

So I guess now you go play your hands and PM/email them to your partner. Try to stay in good communication with them about all of this. That will be key if we want this to work well. Maybe use AOL if you have it. Try to get a good discussion going on any disagreements you may have. Also, when reading your partners HHs, try to put some time in on it (this will be as much for your benefit as it is for theirs). Don't half ass it.

edit- also, if you cant get ahold of your partner in the next couple days PM me and we'll figure something out

mark

TheWorstPlayer
06-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm in for sure. Does anyone have details on using PT to export the sessions' HHs to one file? That would be useful info.

dtbog
06-05-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
blackwolf 25/50 full
DJ Sensei 25/50 full

[/ QUOTE ]

Take some notes on Mahatma -- I hear he's good.

-dB

Gustavo
06-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Just sent you a pm maulik

MarkL444
06-05-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blackwolf 25/50 full
DJ Sensei 25/50 full

[/ QUOTE ]

Take some notes on Mahatma -- I hear he's good.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

yeah that confused me at first as well. but seriously, if the both of you are just starting to take shots at the 50, i would definately play there for these HHs.

jsnipes28
06-05-2005, 10:25 PM
whoever is running this thing, i was wondering if there is any chance i could get in on it. I play 100NL at PP and my username is slips28.
It would be nice to have someone else's opinion on a lot of these judgement calls that to me, lately, have seemed like bad beats but could very well just be overplayed hands and the like. If anyone is interested you can PM me or just respond to this post and ill try and check it. Thanks
-JOhn

jhall23
06-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I'd like to get in on this as well. I can wait till round 2 if necessary. Currently playing 100NL 6max.

Mark if there is no one else to pair with jsnipes28 I can pair with him this round.

WorstPlayer do you not save your HH's after importing them or have them in your Party (or whatever) folder? I save all mine incase I ever need to reload them if PT dies or gets corrupted or something.

I do like the idea of sending the whole HH file over as an attachment in an email. Then people with PT could create a new database to import the files so you can use the session playback function to review the hands.

theblitz
06-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Seems I missed the boat. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I play NL$50 on Party.

TheWorstPlayer
06-06-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure what I do. I think I might just move them to a different folder so that PT doesn't have to look through them again or something. I'll check it out tonight. And I'll also play my 200 hands, amoeba.

jhall23
06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what I do. I think I might just move them to a different folder so that PT doesn't have to look through them again or something. I'll check it out tonight. And I'll also play my 200 hands, amoeba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I do. On the last Auto Import screen there is a check box that you can use to move the processed files to a specified folder. I am guessing that is what you do as well.

dtbog
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll get in on this a little later on -- right now I'm moving around levels (this "challenge") and I'm playing at random times, so I can't promise HHs at any time.

If anyone wants me to look at their group's HHs, though... just for another perspective or whatever, hit me up with a PM

-dB

Ojo_Rojo
06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Looks like I'm also too late to enter round 1.

Gustavo, if you would like another 100NL ring player to eyeball your or Mauliks' HH's, let me know.

Ojo_Rojo

amoeba
06-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll start today and send you when I have 200.

MarkL444
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Getting your HHs:

I guess there are two different ways to go about this.

1) You can play 100 hands, then do a HH request from party/skin and have it on email that way. Then play another 100 and request again, then forward the two emails to your partner.

2) Export from poker tracker. Utilities->Export HHs to file
Be sure to make it 200 and select the appropriate limits, date, etc. Then email the file to your partner.

People who want in: Just post in here what limit you play and when there are two people that match up well enough I will pair you up. Plenty of time, and don't be shy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theblitz
06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
An interesting way to comment on the hands would be to use PT's notes option.
That way the note will be with the hand. Then just export them and send them back to the original sender.

All the original sender then has to do is to purge the orginal hands from his/her database and re-load them from the files received back and, voila, you have all the comments in front of you!

Another point:

Try to make your comment as you play-back the hand. That way you will not be result-orientated.
IMO the best way would be to set up a seperate PT database for these hands. That way you can set "your Id" on the preferancies plage to that of your buddy. In this way when you play back the hands you will see "your" cards but nooneelse's

TheWorstPlayer
06-06-2005, 02:10 PM
I plan on just going through the text file and making annotations. I think that will be easiest since I'm no PT guru.

theblitz
06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
If you have PT then it would be much easier and more natural.
You see the cards as they were played.

Things look differant when the cards are in front of you.

This is especially true because the HH files are not the most readable things in the world.

Also, you get to see pot-size and stack sizes etc.

And, the extra bit I added to my other post, you aren't tempted to be results-orientated with your comments.

TheWorstPlayer
06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
OK, then can you just explain how the notes featuer works? You add comments per hand? How so?

theblitz
06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
When you open the play-back window there is a Notes box on the bottom right, You can enter comments in there.

MarkL444
06-06-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I plan on just going through the text file and making annotations. I think that will be easiest since I'm no PT guru.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is best. however, i still plan on importing the hands so i can have some reads on the opponents.

jonnyUCB
06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
preferably looking for someone with a looser style (my VP$IP is under 20 and would like to raise it).

jhall23
06-06-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I'm also too late to enter round 1.

Gustavo, if you would like another 100NL ring player to eyeball your or Mauliks' HH's, let me know.

Ojo_Rojo

[/ QUOTE ]

Ojo, jsnipes hasn't replied yet, but he never specified if he plays ring or 6max. If he play's ring you two should pair up. I haven't played ring in quite a while except the live juicy foxwoods 1/2 game.

Dov
06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
KrazyAce - PM me so we can set up a good format for this

swedeD
06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
If you don't want to reveal your poker site alias, just use notepad's replace function, it just takes a few seconds.

I trust you guys, but I think that many of you are better than me, so I don't want you to get an extra advantage against me... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ojo_Rojo
06-07-2005, 12:15 PM
jsnipes,

If you play full ring 100NL, will you be my partner? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ojo_Rojo

rickr
06-07-2005, 02:20 PM
$25 NL full ring on party/empire. I would like in.

Thanks,
Rick

MarkL444
06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
sorry i was away for a day.

are things working out? everybody in good communication with each other?

swedeD
06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
I have recieved and mailed some hh. So far so good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkL444
06-07-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to reveal your poker site alias, just use notepad's replace function, it just takes a few seconds.

I trust you guys, but I think that many of you are better than me, so I don't want you to get an extra advantage against me... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i could be wrong, but wouldnt you have to go through and erase all the HH #s?

TheWorstPlayer
06-07-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i could be wrong, but wouldnt you have to go through and erase all the HH #s?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the idea was to make it so that your name wasn't obvious not so that Sherlock Holmes couldn't figure out who you are.