PDA

View Full Version : Who tries to c/r this flop?

Deamon2
06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
standard party table - the field is loose passive, with the exception of BB who is has been a little LAGy. I have an overpair and the nut straight draw. Does anyone try to c/r this flop to trap the field, or do you think betting out is a better plan?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

shadow29
06-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Well I'm not sure who you're going to c/r.

Deamon2
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
the BB if he takes a stab at it - I have a lot of value here and want to trap the field for as much as I can. I'm not sure if it was the right line, and I didn't take it, so I posted it to see if anyone thought that trying it would have been worth it

shadow29
06-05-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the BB if he takes a stab at it - I have a lot of value here and want to trap the field for as much as I can. I'm not sure if it was the right line, and I didn't take it, so I posted it to see if anyone thought that trying it would have been worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you'll get the maximum value by just betting out here. The added equity you gain by c/ring is discounted by the fact that you might not get a c/r in. Like a weighted average.

MDO67
06-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Just bet it out. You will get checked through too many times and leave money on the table.

Also, there is no one to check raise on the flop. I would probably have c/r the river though.

- Mark

Deamon2
06-05-2005, 08:51 PM
you're not afraid of some donk calling down with Kx?

I made a crying call and was shown K2o

aK13
06-05-2005, 08:55 PM
check/raising the flop is dumb.

i also think you should be value betting the river, and make a crying call to the raise.

MDO67
06-05-2005, 08:59 PM
I didn't say I would win with the c/r. It would be one of those times where after I lose at showdown I realize that it was clear I was beaten. After 2 months and 2,000 hands I have finally made it to +BB/100 so I am making less of these mistakes.

I try to answer these as quickly as I would in the game. Then I find out where my leaks are with the help of the experts here on 2+2.

- Mark