PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Rate my play..Hmmm...

SittingBull
06-05-2005, 08:14 PM
*********8MICRO LIMITS***************
***************3rd*********************
BULL believes that his OPPOs. are aware that he is currently running well.
*3rd***********
RAL(X X) 3c FOLDS
BULL(Kd 9s) Ac CALLS
SVEN(X X) 2s BRINGS-IN
BB47(X X) Qc FOLDS
BNO(X X) Jc CALLS
NOL(X X) 3s FOLDS
*************4th****************
BULL(Kd 9s) Ac Tc BETS
SVEN(X X) 2s Ad FOLDS
BNO(X X) Jc 5d FOLDS
SittingBull

vintage_sara
06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Bull, why would you even bother to play this hand "running well" or not. I am not a fan of this kind of play and would tell you there is no value in it.

Andy B
06-06-2005, 07:10 AM
I think this is just fine.

The correct term is "running good." /images/graemlins/grin.gif If you think your opponents at $.25/.50 or whatever this is are aware of much of anything, though, you're sadly mistaken.

PoorLawyer
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bull, why would you even bother to play this hand "running well" or not. I am not a fan of this kind of play and would tell you there is no value in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is some value in this hand in a 6 handed micro game with only 2 people in the pot. The value being that you can outplay them in later rounds and can get away from the hand when you don't catch good (well?).

Roland
06-06-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is some value in this hand in a 6 handed micro game with only 2 people in the pot. The value being that you can outplay them in later rounds and can get away from the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only three cards in the deck that will really improve his hand, namely the three kings. Nines might not be good and an ace will kill the action. So I don’t think it’s worth it, especially in a six-handed game (there’s less money in the pot to start with).
If you do play it, fine, but you should probably give up on 4th – you’ll probably be called most of the time, running good or no.

[ QUOTE ]
when you don't catch good (well?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think “to catch good” is actually short for “to catch a good (helpful) card.
If you’re not talking about poker you have to use the adverb though.
Andy, why is it “running good”?

PoorLawyer
06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when you don't catch good (well?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think “to catch good” is actually short for “to catch a good (helpful) card.
If you’re not talking about poker you have to use the adverb though.
Andy, why is it “running good”?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was more just copying Andy's post.

I still do think with two overcards to the only other caller besides the bring in and being last to act, it isnt a horrible play to throw your quarter in here to see what develops. With A high he is probably ahead still on 4th unless the Jack plays really weak. If he gets reraised by the Jack its an obvious fold...

SittingBull
06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
are quite skillfull at these micro limits. There are some opportunities to bluff. However,one needs to know his oppo. well.
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
20% of the small bet. Hence,with this structure,one must play a little looser than if the structure were 10% of the small bet.
It's important to try to recoup some lossed ante money to replace one's depleted stack caused by past ante loses.
Note: if I realize that u are coming in with only QUALITY hands,then i would NOT give U any action.
Contrary to what Andy said,there are some players at these micro limits who are aware of what's going on. However,there are usually 2 or more donaters at these micro limits.
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I could not have expressed it any differently. NOte that "good" is an adjective that is used to describe a "noun".
"well" is an adverb that describes another adverb,verb,or adjective.
Since"am doing" is a present progressive verb,one SHOULD use an adverb to describe the action.
However,"running good" is the USUAL way of stating the condition,regadrless of whether the grammer is technically correct or not.
In a related response to the question: How are U feeling?,the usual response is "I'm good".
Grammatically speaking,it should be "I'm well". However,since no one seems to respond that way,I'm now saying "I'm good",too.
If I can remember,I'll also be saying "I'm running good or bad" in the future instead of "I'm running well or I'm running badly". Of course,in any language,if one is successful at conveying his ideas accurately,then it really doesn't matter how he expresses these ideas.
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
check on 4th. If bet into,I would than take one more card off on 4th if I had at least to overcards to the better.
The reason Y it's "running good" is that in poker nomenclature,the correct term is "running good". In a poker glossary,"running good" would be included;NOT"running well".
So one is speaking about a "technical poker term".
SittingBull