PDA

View Full Version : "Low content"/"No Content" Posts (NC)

ilya
06-05-2005, 06:49 PM
No more!

Please, just stop.

durron597
06-05-2005, 06:52 PM
(nc)

maddog2030
06-05-2005, 09:20 PM
It seems to me the forum is being overrun. I can only hope it doesn't drive away a lot of the better posters. The only ones I really see staying up to speed are citanul and curtains, but I'm sure they'll be burnt out soon enough.

I can't remember the last time I saw a truly insightful comment around here. Maybe that's because I tend to not read 95% of the threads anymore, where I used to read 90% of them. Or maybe I'm just crazy and this is how its always been.

Phill S
06-05-2005, 09:25 PM
The 1TT forum was different a year ago when i joined - not neccasarily better, but certainly different.

I caught the tail end of the strassa 83o scandal. Most posters wont know what i meant by that.

Such is poker, such is life.

Phill

microbet
06-05-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only ones I really see staying up to speed are citanul and curtains,

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that in response to Ilya, who is a damn good poster.

Just in case curtains and citanul miss responding to this:

Hang yourself; at least thats my gut instinct right now.

maddog2030
06-05-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I caught the tail end of the strassa 83o scandal. Most posters wont know what i meant by that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I heard eastbay once say that there used to be huge arguments on the forums about late game strategies and whether to push trash in the end. The good pros were arguing pushing any 2 is correct in certain situations, other people thought they were nuts. And then Bozeman and dethgrind came along with ICM came along a settled the debate.

Anyway, I've gone through most of Strassa's old threads and don't remember reading about this. Maybe I didn't go back far enough.

maddog2030
06-05-2005, 09:33 PM
I definitely respect ilya as a poster. If he posts, I read.

But I was just commenting that that duo have been posting A LOT (at least it seems to me), while it appears a lot of the rest of the posters I usually look out for haven't been posting as much as they used to. I easily could be wrong. It's just a observation of mine.

wuwei
06-05-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me the forum is being overrun. I can only hope it doesn't drive away a lot of the better posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overrun isn't necessarily the word, but the traffic seems to have picked up tremendously over the past month or so

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the last time I saw a truly insightful comment around here. Maybe that's because I tend to not read 95% of the threads anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still a lot of good posts here just about every day. If you're unhappy with the quality of this forum, I recommend posting more and trying to do something about it. It seems odd to me that someone who only has 54 posts is bitching about the contributions around here...

ilya
06-05-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only ones I really see staying up to speed are citanul and curtains,

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that in response to Ilya, who is a damn good poster.

Just in case curtains and citanul miss responding to this:

Hang yourself; at least thats my gut instinct right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for coming to my defense, Micro, but it's fine. Citanul and curtains definitely post more than I do, and curtains at least is also definitely a better player.

maddog2030
06-05-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are still a lot of good posts here just about every day. If you're unhappy with the quality of this forum, I recommend posting more and trying to do something about it. It seems odd to me that someone who only has 54 posts is bitching about the contributions around here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

I'll chime in occassionally if I think I can contribute, but often what I say has already been said 100 times already by people with a lot more experience and authority than me. Most of my thoughts would probably just pollute the forum with more junk to weed through.

In fact, these posts probably qualify /images/graemlins/grin.gif

durron597
06-05-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a great thread, I should find it in the archives.

microbet
06-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Ok, I wasn't really serious anyway.

Lots of good posters have stopped or slowed. Lots of bad posters have stopped or slowed.

Everyone has a bias towards the people that seemed to know everything at the time they joined.

It's not that hard to pass up a post and there is plenty of strategy mixed in with the crap.

maddog2030
06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I really didn't mean they were necessarily better posters. Basically, at least in my head (as I'm sure we all do), I have a list of posters who I will read what they post because I respect their opinions. Out of this list, curtains and citanul are ones that continue to post very frequently. It seems like I'm seeing less and less of the other posters that are on my list.

I'm honestly suprised they still post as much as they do.

Bigwig
06-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Every internet forum I've ever been on has people complaining about the abundance of x & y type threads. It inevitably becomes more annoying than the actual poor threads.